Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

foot

Posted by Maggie on 6/18/01 at hrmin (051002)

I have been having promblem on my left foot. I'm only 33 years old everyday, i wake up in the mourning with pain on my foot when i put on the floor. is there surgery for this. please help I'm in pain nowwwwwwwwww.

Re: foot

Andrea R. on 6/19/01 at 07:00 (051016)

Maggie,

Have you seen a doctor yet? A podiatrist or orthopedist who specializes in feet and ankles.

There are lots of things to try before surgery. I had to have it on my left foot but was able to use just a night splint and stretching for my right.

To help with the first steps in the morning pains my physical therapist had me do the following. Before you get out of bed in the morning try massaging your foot. Then sit with your leg straight out on the bed. Use a towel and pull your foot toward you. You should feel stretching in your leg. Next try rolling a tennis ball back and forth on the floor with you bad foot. I could at least get out of bed each morning with less pain.

Good luck.

Andrea

Re: foot

Andrea R. on 6/19/01 at 07:00 (051016)

Maggie,

Have you seen a doctor yet? A podiatrist or orthopedist who specializes in feet and ankles.

There are lots of things to try before surgery. I had to have it on my left foot but was able to use just a night splint and stretching for my right.

To help with the first steps in the morning pains my physical therapist had me do the following. Before you get out of bed in the morning try massaging your foot. Then sit with your leg straight out on the bed. Use a towel and pull your foot toward you. You should feel stretching in your leg. Next try rolling a tennis ball back and forth on the floor with you bad foot. I could at least get out of bed each morning with less pain.

Good luck.

Andrea