Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Biehler or DR. Zuckerman

Posted by LindaA on 6/19/01 at hrmin (051024)

Hi,
I am still having pain on the top of my foot. I have been to a POD and I have had a cortizone shot in the heel for pain control of the heel spur. The top of my foot has been in a lot of pain and feels tight and puffy. Stress fractures have been ruled out. Maybe it's pressure from swelling I don't know but I have been on NSAIDS I believe, Arthrotec 75. I was on ibueprophen for about 4 weeks prior and now this Arthrotec for 2 weeks. Am I not giving this medicine a chance to heal or should I return to my POD for further testing? My POD told me nothing except to take the medicine and come back in 3 weeks. He gave me no excercise program or told me to ice it or heat it. It was taped but I couldn't stand the tape along with everything else. The tape did not help me. Maybe there is a tear or rupture. I have areddish bruised area around the top of my foot that does not go away but gets deeper red when inflamed. Could there be a tiny hairline fracture that is not visable on an xray. I am not trying to analayze myself just trying to think of other options that might be causing the pain.

Re: Dr. Biehler or DR. Zuckerman

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/19/01 at 12:08 (051025)

Hi ,

Give the treating doc any call. You need some kind of immobilization such as an unna boot casting or ambulatory walking cast. The motion at the area of pain needs to be restricted .

Donna SL on 6/19/01 at 14:38 (051034)

Hi Linda,

Has anyone checked for any peroneal problems (nerves, tendons, muscles, etc)? This can sometimes cause pain on the top of the foot. Just guessing, but it's worth a shot.

Donna

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/19/01 at 12:08 (051025)

Hi ,

Give the treating doc any call. You need some kind of immobilization such as an unna boot casting or ambulatory walking cast. The motion at the area of pain needs to be restricted .

Donna SL on 6/19/01 at 14:38 (051034)

Hi Linda,

Has anyone checked for any peroneal problems (nerves, tendons, muscles, etc)? This can sometimes cause pain on the top of the foot. Just guessing, but it's worth a shot.

Donna