Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis ( I guess!)

Posted by Kathy on 6/19/01 at 13:49 (051031)

I am so happy to find Scott's page and these message boards. My history is long and boring but after 5 years of going to a podiatrist, I have now developed severe PF. I have gained 20 pounds in 3 years!!!! I can't exercise anymore - heck, I can't walk anymore. I am currently going for physical therapy and after two weeks, they have lessened the pains in my calves greatly but not the burning in my arches. Actually, they started some strengthening exercises yesterday and now my knees are killing me. It was one part of my body that has never hurt! If I could just get back to walking on the treadmill every other day. It's not like I want to run a marathon! It's nice to see that others share my extreme frustration. I have a very supportive husband but I am so sick of feeling like I'm handicapped. Thanks for all the info.

Re: Plantar Fasciitis ( I guess!)

Steve P on 6/19/01 at 16:26 (051036)

Hi Kathy --- Be sure to read the 'PF Book' on this website if you haven't already. If you have a confirmed diagnosis of PF, you may be a candidate for ESWT based on the length of time you've had your symptoms. There is a lot of ESWT info on this website including an ESWT message board.

Welcome & feel free to ask us anything!

Best..........Steve

Nan on 6/20/01 at 06:57 (051079)

Hi Kathy! I am also new to this site and I can't believe the comfort it has given me to know that I'm not crazy and just imagining all this pain. I had really begun to think it was all in my head! Just knowing that there are others out there who understand has been a tremendous boost.

I have been to three different podiatrists and one orthopaedic sports physician and to no avail. Tried shots, inserts,custom orthotics, taping, you name it. Still no relief. I am starting to research ESWT to find out if it is available in or near my area. I really don't want to have surgery if it can be avoided. From what I read on the surgery board posts, that hasn't been very successful in most cases

Anyway, welcome aboard. Everyone here has been so kind to me.

Steve P on 6/19/01 at 16:26 (051036)

Hi Kathy --- Be sure to read the 'PF Book' on this website if you haven't already. If you have a confirmed diagnosis of PF, you may be a candidate for ESWT based on the length of time you've had your symptoms. There is a lot of ESWT info on this website including an ESWT message board.

Welcome & feel free to ask us anything!

Best..........Steve

Nan on 6/20/01 at 06:57 (051079)

Hi Kathy! I am also new to this site and I can't believe the comfort it has given me to know that I'm not crazy and just imagining all this pain. I had really begun to think it was all in my head! Just knowing that there are others out there who understand has been a tremendous boost.

I have been to three different podiatrists and one orthopaedic sports physician and to no avail. Tried shots, inserts,custom orthotics, taping, you name it. Still no relief. I am starting to research ESWT to find out if it is available in or near my area. I really don't want to have surgery if it can be avoided. From what I read on the surgery board posts, that hasn't been very successful in most cases

Anyway, welcome aboard. Everyone here has been so kind to me.