Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Free Birks

Posted by john h on 6/19/01 at 17:04 (051041)

I have a pair of Boston Cocoa Nubuck Birks size 43M that i would like to give to someone. They have never been worn and have soft insoles. Barb if you think they will fit you can have first pick as they are just like the ones you had on at Dr. Z's only a different color. If they do not fit Barb post up your name for some very nice free shoes. They have the traditional birk footbed (only soft) with closed toes and no back strap. Ladies or men can wear them. i will mail them to you at my expense. for people who really suffer from pf and think they will help. i just do not like the closed in front shoe.

Re: Free Birks

Denise D. on 6/19/01 at 23:50 (051070)

Hi John,
I was diagnosed with a heel spur about 3 months ago. One day while desperate and in pain I found this web site! I can't believe the support and certainly had no idea that there were so many others suffering as I am.
I've got a lot to learn, and the little bit of knowledge that I have received here has been a tremendous help!
I read posts all the time about Birks, please excuse my ignorance but what type of shoes are they? and where can they be purchased? I never have heard of them until I started reading this web site.
Thanks and best of luck to you.
Denise D.

John h on 6/20/01 at 09:11 (051098)

the best place to view them is on a website scott has listed somewhere on the board. most cities have some stores that sell them. check your yellow pages. there are so many models it is mind boggling. many people are especially pleased with the Airizona model so try that first. It is a sandal without a heel strap. The footbed is orthotic in nature.

Andrea R. on 6/20/01 at 09:46 (051106)

Denise,

Birks are Birkenstocks. For your first pair try to find a local store that carries them. You need to make sure the arch is in the right place for your foot and make sure you break them in slowly.

I took my Birk sandals to work during the winter and wore them with socks. Not exactly attractive but more comfortable than other shoes.

Good luck,

Andrea

john h on 6/20/01 at 11:17 (051117)

careful andrea! i posted that birks with socks looked wimpy and judy put a laser beam on me. then i had the misfortune of showing up in new jersey with birks and socks on for all to see.

Andrea R. on 6/20/01 at 11:46 (051119)

It's not as bad if you pick the right color socks. White socks with any dark shoes is a felony according to the fashion police.

You can alway wear patterns. I have some socks with surfing alligators wearing sunglasses on them.

Thank goodness it's summer and it is usually warm enough that no socks are needed.

john h on 6/20/01 at 15:28 (051137)

the fashion police would sure arrest me because all my socks are either black or white. they are also all the same brand (thorlo) so when they are washed there is no problem matching socks. argyles were the thing when i was in college. are they back? dam! i threw them all away!

john h on 6/20/01 at 15:32 (051138)

my shoes want fit barb so those brand new Birkenstock Boston size 43M, Nubuck are still waiting to be given away free to someone/anyone that has PF. I may end up sending them to scott for the PF Musem.

Re: To Andrea-Re: Free Birks

Denise D. on 6/20/01 at 23:48 (051156)

Hi Andrea,
Thanks for the info. Since everyone raves about Birks, guess I better get with the fashion scene and buy a pair! I have a heel spur, would this type of shoe be right for me? Also, are they expensive?
All the best,
Denise D.

Andrea R. on 6/21/01 at 07:30 (051165)

Denise,

I got my first Birks because of my heel spur and they really helped once I broke them in. They are no more expensive than any good shoe and they last longer. They are cheaper than orthotics and for me they worked better. I had surgery five weeks ago and still find my Birks to be my favorite shoes.

Hope they help,

Andrea

JudyS on 6/22/01 at 10:31 (051241)

....and I showed up in NJ with Birks and NO socks, just so John h wouldn't raz me....my real mistake was in having no socks in my bag at all and my feet froze on the flights!

JudyS on 6/22/01 at 10:45 (051245)

John, perhaps for you cat sox are in order.....:)

Mary De on 6/22/01 at 11:46 (051257)

Hi John,

I'm interested in your free Birkies, but don't understand the sizing. (I've never had a pair before, but I do have some cute socks.) What does 43M translate to in 'normal' shoe sizes? I wear a men's 9 1/2 or 10, or a women's 11 wide. Think they would fit?

thanks! You can email me at dedanan@value.net .

--Mary De

john h on 6/24/01 at 08:47 (051402)

The free birks have finally found a new home! they headed north this week. i thought i would have to pay someone to take them. suspicion must abound out there.

Re: How generous

Tammie on 6/24/01 at 20:25 (051441)

John, I thought what you did was very generous, it is in this day unusual for someone to do or give something away for nothing,sad but seems everything has attached a price one way or another! So it was wonderful to see someone who was a generous and caring person! I hope the person from the north enjoys them! And I thank you for giving hope that there are still nice people around!!!! Hoping that the sun shines on you and makes all your tomorrows bright!

Lisa C. on 6/25/01 at 01:32 (051449)

No suspicions here, just smaller feet. I am impressed with your generousity! You now have some very good kharma coming your way. Hope it shows up in the form of pain free feet!

john h on 6/25/01 at 09:14 (051463)

thankyou for your kind words. good deeds are usually repaid in kind.

john h on 6/25/01 at 09:32 (051465)

for the past three days i have been visited by the good kharma as my feet have been as good as they have been in several years. Recent ESWT, Jade balm, good kharma, whatever i will take it. If giving away free birks helps my feet what is your size?

Lisa C. on 6/25/01 at 10:37 (051468)

Thats so sweet john h! I have tried on Birks and all I can say is ouch! You will get extra good kharma just from the offer though! It was sincere and from the heart right?

Denise D. on 6/19/01 at 23:50 (051070)

Hi John,
I was diagnosed with a heel spur about 3 months ago. One day while desperate and in pain I found this web site! I can't believe the support and certainly had no idea that there were so many others suffering as I am.
I've got a lot to learn, and the little bit of knowledge that I have received here has been a tremendous help!
I read posts all the time about Birks, please excuse my ignorance but what type of shoes are they? and where can they be purchased? I never have heard of them until I started reading this web site.
Thanks and best of luck to you.
Denise D.

John h on 6/20/01 at 09:11 (051098)

the best place to view them is on a website scott has listed somewhere on the board. most cities have some stores that sell them. check your yellow pages. there are so many models it is mind boggling. many people are especially pleased with the Airizona model so try that first. It is a sandal without a heel strap. The footbed is orthotic in nature.

Andrea R. on 6/20/01 at 09:46 (051106)

Denise,

Birks are Birkenstocks. For your first pair try to find a local store that carries them. You need to make sure the arch is in the right place for your foot and make sure you break them in slowly.

I took my Birk sandals to work during the winter and wore them with socks. Not exactly attractive but more comfortable than other shoes.

Good luck,

Andrea

john h on 6/20/01 at 11:17 (051117)

careful andrea! i posted that birks with socks looked wimpy and judy put a laser beam on me. then i had the misfortune of showing up in new jersey with birks and socks on for all to see.

Andrea R. on 6/20/01 at 11:46 (051119)

It's not as bad if you pick the right color socks. White socks with any dark shoes is a felony according to the fashion police.

You can alway wear patterns. I have some socks with surfing alligators wearing sunglasses on them.

Thank goodness it's summer and it is usually warm enough that no socks are needed.

john h on 6/20/01 at 15:28 (051137)

the fashion police would sure arrest me because all my socks are either black or white. they are also all the same brand (thorlo) so when they are washed there is no problem matching socks. argyles were the thing when i was in college. are they back? dam! i threw them all away!

john h on 6/20/01 at 15:32 (051138)

my shoes want fit barb so those brand new Birkenstock Boston size 43M, Nubuck are still waiting to be given away free to someone/anyone that has PF. I may end up sending them to scott for the PF Musem.

Denise D. on 6/20/01 at 23:48 (051156)

Hi Andrea,
Thanks for the info. Since everyone raves about Birks, guess I better get with the fashion scene and buy a pair! I have a heel spur, would this type of shoe be right for me? Also, are they expensive?
All the best,
Denise D.

Andrea R. on 6/21/01 at 07:30 (051165)

Denise,

I got my first Birks because of my heel spur and they really helped once I broke them in. They are no more expensive than any good shoe and they last longer. They are cheaper than orthotics and for me they worked better. I had surgery five weeks ago and still find my Birks to be my favorite shoes.

Hope they help,

Andrea

JudyS on 6/22/01 at 10:31 (051241)

....and I showed up in NJ with Birks and NO socks, just so John h wouldn't raz me....my real mistake was in having no socks in my bag at all and my feet froze on the flights!

JudyS on 6/22/01 at 10:45 (051245)

John, perhaps for you cat sox are in order.....:)

Mary De on 6/22/01 at 11:46 (051257)

Hi John,

I'm interested in your free Birkies, but don't understand the sizing. (I've never had a pair before, but I do have some cute socks.) What does 43M translate to in 'normal' shoe sizes? I wear a men's 9 1/2 or 10, or a women's 11 wide. Think they would fit?

thanks! You can email me at dedanan@value.net .

--Mary De

john h on 6/24/01 at 08:47 (051402)

The free birks have finally found a new home! they headed north this week. i thought i would have to pay someone to take them. suspicion must abound out there.

Tammie on 6/24/01 at 20:25 (051441)

John, I thought what you did was very generous, it is in this day unusual for someone to do or give something away for nothing,sad but seems everything has attached a price one way or another! So it was wonderful to see someone who was a generous and caring person! I hope the person from the north enjoys them! And I thank you for giving hope that there are still nice people around!!!! Hoping that the sun shines on you and makes all your tomorrows bright!

Lisa C. on 6/25/01 at 01:32 (051449)

No suspicions here, just smaller feet. I am impressed with your generousity! You now have some very good kharma coming your way. Hope it shows up in the form of pain free feet!

john h on 6/25/01 at 09:14 (051463)

thankyou for your kind words. good deeds are usually repaid in kind.

john h on 6/25/01 at 09:32 (051465)

for the past three days i have been visited by the good kharma as my feet have been as good as they have been in several years. Recent ESWT, Jade balm, good kharma, whatever i will take it. If giving away free birks helps my feet what is your size?

Lisa C. on 6/25/01 at 10:37 (051468)

Thats so sweet john h! I have tried on Birks and all I can say is ouch! You will get extra good kharma just from the offer though! It was sincere and from the heart right?