Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Still in pain!!

Posted by DBrown on 6/19/01 at hrmin (051057)

Well Its been 5 years since i have had the EPF surgery done, and the last month the pain has started over again,like I am back to round 1.Nothing has changed to bring this back maybe even better not on my feet like i was 5 years ago. This past week I've gone to see the doctor again , and again today. ( a different doctor then i was seeing before,he no longer practices,lost his rights to practice, maybe that is why the pain is back!) He told me that he would suggest to go to physical therapy.I've tried cold, hot, insoles that they tell me to wear,injections after injections, everything and then surgery and now after 5 yrs the pain is back.I am so frustrated in that I dont know what to do. I asked the doctor today if surgery again would help he said there wasnt anything more to do except something about an open foot. Could you explain that? or help me in any way! and also what the long term effects are of the injections that they give you. I had 2 shots a week for about 2 months. I dont think that is healthy!!!Can you help or give me some advice!!!
Thanks!!!

Re: Still in pain!!

Dr. Biehler on 6/19/01 at 22:39 (051060)

I find that if one shot doesn't help alot ( if we are talking steroids) , then I don't give a second one. DrB.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/19/01 at 23:36 (051064)

Hi,

WE now have ESWT . Have you read or discuss this . We have a great section on this procedure. My practice has been over two hundred procedures with very effective results. Tell me more about the level of pain you are having. When you have the pain.

DBrown on 6/20/01 at 07:33 (051082)

The pain is exactly like it was 5 yrs ago before the surgery! In the mornings,in the evenings after work, you name it the pain is just as bad as it was before!!I am wearing the orthonics (sp) seems to help very little!! Starting pt tomorrow and worried that that isnt going to help either!I am about to the end with this thing, and dont understand why the problem is back! Can you help? also i am going to look more into ESWT if pt doesnt work! OR maybe you think i should try a 2nd opinion?

Thanks!!!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/21/01 at 20:45 (051200)

Let's see how the physical therapy helps you. ESWT go still be done after the pt or during the pt

Dr. Biehler on 6/19/01 at 22:39 (051060)

I find that if one shot doesn't help alot ( if we are talking steroids) , then I don't give a second one. DrB.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/19/01 at 23:36 (051064)

Hi,

WE now have ESWT . Have you read or discuss this . We have a great section on this procedure. My practice has been over two hundred procedures with very effective results. Tell me more about the level of pain you are having. When you have the pain.

DBrown on 6/20/01 at 07:33 (051082)

The pain is exactly like it was 5 yrs ago before the surgery! In the mornings,in the evenings after work, you name it the pain is just as bad as it was before!!I am wearing the orthonics (sp) seems to help very little!! Starting pt tomorrow and worried that that isnt going to help either!I am about to the end with this thing, and dont understand why the problem is back! Can you help? also i am going to look more into ESWT if pt doesnt work! OR maybe you think i should try a 2nd opinion?

Thanks!!!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/21/01 at 20:45 (051200)

Let's see how the physical therapy helps you. ESWT go still be done after the pt or during the pt