Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT- Tell me More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Denise D. on 6/20/01 at 00:56 (051076)

Hi all,
I'm new to all of this, I've suffered with heel pain for about 3 months and was diagnosed with a heel spur at that time.
I was told that to have the shock wave treatment, you had to be put to sleep during the procedure, is this true? I don't know a thing about it and I want to learn all I can. I'm very interested in having it done if it will get rid of my pain. I'm currently under the care of a Pod here in Texas who has no experience in this type of treatment but tells me that I would be a good candidate. That's about all I know, where is Dr. Z located?
Please tell me more!!!!!!!
Thanks,
Denise D.

Re: ESWT- Tell me More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/20/01 at 09:14 (051100)

Hi,

We have been using ESWT for painful pf/heel spurs for over eighteen months in over two hundred patients. The results can be very effective and is a very good option to avoid surgery. We do this in our office without the use of any IV sedation or general anesthesia. We rarely have to even use any local anesthetic. We are the only ESWT physicians that offer this method of in-office no anesthesia in the USA. This is the method that has been used in Europe and Canada for the past ten years. You can either e-mail my ESWT coordinator Denise Ashcraft or call her at the following telephone number

1. telphone: 1-856-478-2097
2 e-mail dashnj@bee.net

I hope this helps

DeniseA on 6/20/01 at hrmin (051151)

If you would like any kind of info on ESWT just drop me an email with your address etc. I'll send you anything you need and answer any of your questions.

Denise
heelhelp@bee.net

Denise D. on 6/21/01 at 00:17 (051159)

Thanks Dr. Z for responding!
I'm very interested in having the procedure, I e-mailed Denise, your cordinator requesting more info. This all sounds too good to be true!! Everything that I've been told has scared me to death, (re: surgery, etc). I'm going to be off work for the month of July and am desperate to get something done! So where does the line begin??!!!
Tell me more!!!!!!!
Denise D.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/20/01 at 09:14 (051100)

Hi,

We have been using ESWT for painful pf/heel spurs for over eighteen months in over two hundred patients. The results can be very effective and is a very good option to avoid surgery. We do this in our office without the use of any IV sedation or general anesthesia. We rarely have to even use any local anesthetic. We are the only ESWT physicians that offer this method of in-office no anesthesia in the USA. This is the method that has been used in Europe and Canada for the past ten years. You can either e-mail my ESWT coordinator Denise Ashcraft or call her at the following telephone number

1. telphone: 1-856-478-2097
2 e-mail dashnj@bee.net

I hope this helps

DeniseA on 6/20/01 at hrmin (051151)

If you would like any kind of info on ESWT just drop me an email with your address etc. I'll send you anything you need and answer any of your questions.

Denise
heelhelp@bee.net

Denise D. on 6/21/01 at 00:17 (051159)

Thanks Dr. Z for responding!
I'm very interested in having the procedure, I e-mailed Denise, your cordinator requesting more info. This all sounds too good to be true!! Everything that I've been told has scared me to death, (re: surgery, etc). I'm going to be off work for the month of July and am desperate to get something done! So where does the line begin??!!!
Tell me more!!!!!!!
Denise D.