Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Chat Room

Posted by Richard, C.Ped on 6/20/01 at 15:27 (051136)

Scott,
I was just on a neuropathy message board, and they have a chat room. Would it be possible, or even worth your time, to have something like that here?
Richard

Re: Chat Room

Laurie R on 6/21/01 at 01:57 (051161)

Thanks Richard for bringing this up. I was on the web the other night looking for a chat room for cronic pain . I found two I think but no one was in either one. It would be wonderful if we had a chat room here ,so we can chat with the people we have been writing to all this time.Laurie R

PS what do you think Scott??

Tammie on 6/21/01 at 08:58 (051169)

Yes that sounds like a wonderful thing!!!! Late nights can be so very lonely! It might be nice to find some help even just a friend to talk with!!This is a very nice place to go when you need answers or just a friend to let you know that you are not the only one going thru this turmoil!!! Chat sounds great! But is it possible???

Helene M on 6/21/01 at 19:43 (051198)

Scott had set up a voice chat room for a short time, using Firetalk, and then I think, with Excite. It was once a week and I thought it was a great idea. I can recall only about 6 people participating, including myself. Perhaps that's why it ended.

Scott R on 6/21/01 at 21:12 (051202)

I have wasted many hours persuing the idea of a chat room, both by text and by voice. Only once did we have enough people show up to have a conversation. It's probably not productive for us to discuss it until the website popularity doubles 2 more times, at which time I would try again.

Richard, C.Ped on 6/22/01 at 07:43 (051224)

No problem. I would be nice to log on, see others, and just say hi. I am telling my patients about the board, so you never know what the future might hold.
Richard

Laurie R on 6/22/01 at 12:33 (051263)

Hi Helene,
Yes you are so right .I also was one that participated . I thought it was wonderful. I got to talk to all of you and Scott .. I really thought that more people would of joined in ,but I think the time difference had something to do with it. Laurie R

Laurie R on 6/21/01 at 01:57 (051161)

Thanks Richard for bringing this up. I was on the web the other night looking for a chat room for cronic pain . I found two I think but no one was in either one. It would be wonderful if we had a chat room here ,so we can chat with the people we have been writing to all this time.Laurie R

PS what do you think Scott??

Tammie on 6/21/01 at 08:58 (051169)

Yes that sounds like a wonderful thing!!!! Late nights can be so very lonely! It might be nice to find some help even just a friend to talk with!!This is a very nice place to go when you need answers or just a friend to let you know that you are not the only one going thru this turmoil!!! Chat sounds great! But is it possible???

Helene M on 6/21/01 at 19:43 (051198)

Scott had set up a voice chat room for a short time, using Firetalk, and then I think, with Excite. It was once a week and I thought it was a great idea. I can recall only about 6 people participating, including myself. Perhaps that's why it ended.

Scott R on 6/21/01 at 21:12 (051202)

I have wasted many hours persuing the idea of a chat room, both by text and by voice. Only once did we have enough people show up to have a conversation. It's probably not productive for us to discuss it until the website popularity doubles 2 more times, at which time I would try again.

Richard, C.Ped on 6/22/01 at 07:43 (051224)

No problem. I would be nice to log on, see others, and just say hi. I am telling my patients about the board, so you never know what the future might hold.
Richard

Laurie R on 6/22/01 at 12:33 (051263)

Hi Helene,
Yes you are so right .I also was one that participated . I thought it was wonderful. I got to talk to all of you and Scott .. I really thought that more people would of joined in ,but I think the time difference had something to do with it. Laurie R