Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I need advice

Posted by HowieB on 6/20/01 at hrmin (051146)

I've seen 2 different DPM's here in Las Vegas. Have had 3 pair of custom orthodics, 3 rounds of injections, and 2 different sets of PT. I have PF in both feet. The orthodics all seem over-bearing. My feet get very sensitive from them. I work on my feet 6 days a week (which I'm sure doesn't help). I wear night splints on both feet. I am going on 19 months with the PF.

I am considering a trip to UCLA or some other sophisticated medical facility outside of LV.

Is it time to go straight to the ESWT or get another opinion on differnt orthodics?

Re: I need advice

john h on 6/21/01 at 11:48 (051181)

good doctors can be found in strange places! who would ever heard of a Dr Zuckerman in the small hamlet of Woodbury, N.J.?

I have been to a large teaching medical facility and they are usually the best but not always. espically for PF. this is an urewarding disease for most doctors as it is tought to cure and treat for the chronic patient. it takes time which most doctors will not give you. you will have to search long and hard for someone who is dedicated and not just herding patients in and out.

Re: I need advice

john h on 6/21/01 at 11:48 (051181)

good doctors can be found in strange places! who would ever heard of a Dr Zuckerman in the small hamlet of Woodbury, N.J.?

I have been to a large teaching medical facility and they are usually the best but not always. espically for PF. this is an urewarding disease for most doctors as it is tought to cure and treat for the chronic patient. it takes time which most doctors will not give you. you will have to search long and hard for someone who is dedicated and not just herding patients in and out.