Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Two weeks post op

Posted by cindyp on 6/21/01 at hrmin (051173)

So I got my stitches out yesterday. He said when I feel ready, put the crutches down. There is still quite a bit of swelling. He said start with a little bit of toe stretches and ankle twirls, boy the ankle is tight and I actually put my weight down on the foot yesterday. REALLYYYYYYYY sore. He said he removed a very large(emphasis here) varicose vein with a tumor (benign) on it that was essentially crushing both primary nerves in my foot. I may or may not get sensation back. It's been there for a long time. There is still an occasional electric twinge and aching and I know it will alleviate with time. I know I am blessed and lucky because I feel decent. Not ready to play basketball, probably won't ever run again. But I feel decent. Oh did I mention that scar looks really icky.

Re: Two weeks post op

Laurie R on 6/21/01 at 11:55 (051182)

Hi Cindy , I am so happy you found a doctor that took your pain serioussly. I remember that you went to different doctors and they would not help you at all. Hang in there and I am so happy you are recovery well. I am sure it is going to take time ,but at least your doctor took care of your problem .... I wish you only the best and a speedy recovery...Laurie R

wendyn on 6/21/01 at 23:11 (051208)

cindy - that is excellent! I am so happy for you, I know you have been through a lot and I sure hope that they were able to get in there and solve the problems. There are a lot of us who won't ever run again - but the potential for a less pain or painless life is a lot to be excited about!

Keep in touch!

Laurie R on 6/21/01 at 11:55 (051182)

Hi Cindy , I am so happy you found a doctor that took your pain serioussly. I remember that you went to different doctors and they would not help you at all. Hang in there and I am so happy you are recovery well. I am sure it is going to take time ,but at least your doctor took care of your problem .... I wish you only the best and a speedy recovery...Laurie R

wendyn on 6/21/01 at 23:11 (051208)

cindy - that is excellent! I am so happy for you, I know you have been through a lot and I sure hope that they were able to get in there and solve the problems. There are a lot of us who won't ever run again - but the potential for a less pain or painless life is a lot to be excited about!

Keep in touch!