Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

post-op

Posted by rhea l. on 6/21/01 at 23:37 (051212)

I'm presently 4 weeks post-op from
a plantar fasciectomy and heel spur removal. I'm not sure of the results yet, but I do not have as much pain now as I had before. I will return to work (O.R nurse) on Monday. We will see then how I do. I am presently experiencing heel numbness(which does not really bother me) and pain on the top side of my foot. There is also some swelling noted of the whole foot if I had been up along time.

I am also relearning how to walk normally due to the fact that I limped so long I do it automatically.

Will let you know more later.

Re: post-op

BrianG on 6/24/01 at 12:49 (051412)

Hi Rhea,

I hate to be the pessimist, but 1 month does not sound like it's a long enough recovery period, especially for a nurse. Are your duties going to change, or is it right back into the frying pan. If you feel like you can't do it, let your doctor know. Don't try to be the hero, you may need more time for recovery. I'm hoping you won't.

Good luck
BCG

Rhea L. on 7/08/01 at 19:48 (052488)

Thanks Brian for your support. I'm now 6 weeks post-op and doing fairly well.I am putting in 8 hour days but really only tolerate 6. But I'm hanging in there.Started taking Celebrex and it does help. Still have numbness in heel, decreased pain on top of foot but I now have what feels like muscle spasms on the top of my foot.Has anyone else experienced that? Will be back in a couple of weeks for an update. Thanks everyone.

BrianG on 6/24/01 at 12:49 (051412)

Hi Rhea,

I hate to be the pessimist, but 1 month does not sound like it's a long enough recovery period, especially for a nurse. Are your duties going to change, or is it right back into the frying pan. If you feel like you can't do it, let your doctor know. Don't try to be the hero, you may need more time for recovery. I'm hoping you won't.

Good luck
BCG

Rhea L. on 7/08/01 at 19:48 (052488)

Thanks Brian for your support. I'm now 6 weeks post-op and doing fairly well.I am putting in 8 hour days but really only tolerate 6. But I'm hanging in there.Started taking Celebrex and it does help. Still have numbness in heel, decreased pain on top of foot but I now have what feels like muscle spasms on the top of my foot.Has anyone else experienced that? Will be back in a couple of weeks for an update. Thanks everyone.