Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Does anyone know of any cronic pain chat rooms??

Posted by Laurie R on 6/22/01 at 02:20 (051218)

Hi to all , I was wondering if anyone knows of any cronic pain chat rooms? I had found two of them last week but no one was in the rooms. I know their are some on us that can't sleep due to pain , and I thought it would be good to chat on these nights.... If anyone knows can you please post the site ..Thank you so much , Laurie R

Re: Does anyone know of any cronic pain chat rooms??

Richard, C.Ped on 6/22/01 at 07:46 (051225)

Hi Laurie,
I did a search using 'chronic pain chat room' under MSN search and it listed quite a few. I have not tried to access them yet, so I don't know what they offer. Just wanted to let you know.
Richard

john h on 6/22/01 at 10:01 (051235)

laurie: there are some anti seizure drugs that often help chronic pain and allow you to sleep even when taken in very low doses. ask your doctor about Clonazepam. from what i have read in the pain forums you can take, i think, about a 1mg tab at night and not be worried about addiction or many side effects or morning drowsiness. many people are stuck with these for life at a much higher dosage. it is also used for anti anxiety.

Richard, C.Ped on 6/22/01 at 07:46 (051225)

Hi Laurie,
I did a search using 'chronic pain chat room' under MSN search and it listed quite a few. I have not tried to access them yet, so I don't know what they offer. Just wanted to let you know.
Richard

john h on 6/22/01 at 10:01 (051235)

laurie: there are some anti seizure drugs that often help chronic pain and allow you to sleep even when taken in very low doses. ask your doctor about Clonazepam. from what i have read in the pain forums you can take, i think, about a 1mg tab at night and not be worried about addiction or many side effects or morning drowsiness. many people are stuck with these for life at a much higher dosage. it is also used for anti anxiety.