Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Solutions that helped ease my pain

Posted by Martha C. on 6/22/01 at 17:07 (051281)

It took me a while to find this message board again as I forgot to bookmark it. I want to mention two things that help me. I was having trouble standing in the tub to take a shower, and I finally found a pad that helps. It's a kneeling pad called KneesEase by Fabrionics- I got it in Linens & Things. But please be careful-do not use it alone as it can be very slippery. I wrapped it with a piece of Easy liner (the thinnest kind of shelf liner) and it's great. You can stand on it with both feet, though you may feel a little wobbly. The only other thing is that I found that I can wear sandals (mine have thick rubber soles) and even thongs if I wear socks with a gel cup and/or arch support inside the sock. You can put a piece of cloth or a thin cotton pad over the gel cup if you don't want it next to your skin. I hope someone can use these suggestions.

Re: Also, a "shower stool" is a must

Cynthia D on 6/23/01 at 05:05 (051320)

Even on better days, I still use a medical-type shower stool from the drug store to sit on in the shower. They work great and don't take up too much room. And supportive shower Birkies for getting in and out.

Re: Also, a "shower stool" is a must

Cynthia D on 6/23/01 at 05:05 (051320)

Even on better days, I still use a medical-type shower stool from the drug store to sit on in the shower. They work great and don't take up too much room. And supportive shower Birkies for getting in and out.