Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

leaches for heel pain

Posted by bg cped on 6/22/01 at 22:18 (051302)

I propose a study using leaches for the treatment of chronic recalictrant pf. My theory is that leaches applied to the heel at and near the insertion of the fascia could aid in healing. The saliva and suction action would increase the blood flow to the region which would promote healing. Maybe we could do a trial in a third world country like Canada?

If it works or not I will produce a infomercial to promote 'THE WONDERFUL HEALING POWER OF LEACHES' I would wear a lab coat and talk like the JUICEMAN tm. guy. Are there any out here that would be willing to give a testamonial or allow me to treat them with leaches on tv? Let me know cause I am tired of making money the old fasion way, I want to do it like the Alzner orthotic people. I am open to suggestions

Re: leaches for heel pain

wendyn on 6/22/01 at 23:35 (051307)

bg cped...quit yankin my chain with the third world cracks. I personally invite you to come up here and see how we actually live!

Leeches have been used for medicinal purposes for a long time. They're even environmentally sensitive I suppose.

Now, if you could figure out how to use leeches AND emus together...that would really be something.

bg cped on 6/23/01 at 06:15 (051325)

I am actually jealous of where you live. I am into snow skiing and being near BC you get some of the best. I know 2 people that work at orthotic lab and they are near MT Baker which had the world record snowfall 2 y/ago it was over 90 ft in one year. Closest we get is 400ft verticle and about 55in annual. Do you know what happened to your Olympic snowboard guy from Nagano? The one that was using alternative therapy and it was found in his system?

wendyn on 6/23/01 at 11:29 (051346)

Yes - another one of those proud Canadian moments. I think his name was Ross Rebliati or something?

Dude. He's probably, like, chillin somewhere. You know. Dude.

john h on 6/23/01 at 13:21 (051353)

i will be glad to place the little darlings on you bg cped. i managed to get a few on me in vietnam. i know they are still used in some medical settings in the 1st world.

john h on 6/23/01 at 13:26 (051355)

all bg cped know about canada he learned from nelson eddy and jennete mcdonald. now churchill is my kind of place. love those polar bears in my back yard.

bg cped on 6/23/01 at 15:00 (051358)

I learned all I know about Canada from the Mackenzie brothers and Don Cherry from Hockey Night in Canada.......good day eh! Also Bradors is a wonderful medicine you guys have over there

wendyn on 6/23/01 at 16:44 (051361)

You got me on the Bradors....what's that?

We should move this conversation to the social board so as not to irritate our currently very quiet keeper of the board.

bg cped on 6/23/01 at 18:38 (051365)

It is a wonderful product that reduces pain and is a wonderful muscle relaxer. It is a 7% alcohol solution. You buy it by the case at the best store in Canada, Brewers Retail. It is made by that wonderful pharmaceutical company Labatt.

Dr. Huey Lewi, DPM on 6/23/01 at 21:17 (051369)

Dear Sir:

I would be most happy to participate in a thorough leaching. I have found in my practice that leaching has improved 70% of my patients who test positive for metatarsal anterior diverticulations, bovine-simulation disorder, and scurvy. However, I have not done follow-up inquiries or, in the other 30% of my patients, autopsies.

I will assume that you use only the very finest Limpo-po leaches from the Belgian Congo. One of my grand-child's fondest childhood memories is of feeding my prize leaches bits of treacle and leavings from the Emu oil vat. He trained an exceptionally intelligent slug to sit up and beg. Clever child.

I shall expect my leach-stock to arrive forthwith. I am not sure that a television appearance is fitting - I am told that I no longer photograph well on account of the fact that I have been dead for quite some time.

I remain most sincerely,

Dr. C. Huey Lewi, DPM

bg cped on 6/23/01 at 21:42 (051373)

I have designed and applied for a patent on a device I call the PENTA-PLANTAR-LEECH-SIMULATOR It is a 5 tip device that has suction tubes. Inside the tubes are a small lance. After the puncture there is an anticoagulant released. Then the suction is applied. I feel that the increased activity to the heel region will stimulate healing.
I am also using it to replace colagen injections for lip augmentation. I am currently seeking investors to get involved in this groundbreaking opportunity*

*note* While this is a brilliant idea it is no indication of potential profits. It is possible to actually lose money on this idea. Please consult somebody that knows nothing about investing for advice on buying into this. For best advice consult with somebody that has sent money to a chain letter.

Re: leech for heel pain

john h on 6/24/01 at 08:32 (051398)

Dr Lewi you devil.i suspected the post on leeches, a subject you are eminently qualifed to speak on, would bring you out of retirement. but alas you mispelled 'leech' by spelling it 'leach'. were you aware the the leech contains both male and female organs and frequently reside in the jungle where i had my first encounter with the little bloodsuckers.

john h on 6/24/01 at 08:34 (051399)

if it involves lip augmentation you will surely have a money making business. do leeches require FDA approval like the ossatron?

Paula A on 6/24/01 at hrmin (051436)

Dr Lewi,

You really have a great sense of humor for a dead guy..

Still giggling,

Paula A

wendyn on 6/22/01 at 23:35 (051307)

bg cped...quit yankin my chain with the third world cracks. I personally invite you to come up here and see how we actually live!

Leeches have been used for medicinal purposes for a long time. They're even environmentally sensitive I suppose.

Now, if you could figure out how to use leeches AND emus together...that would really be something.

bg cped on 6/23/01 at 06:15 (051325)

I am actually jealous of where you live. I am into snow skiing and being near BC you get some of the best. I know 2 people that work at orthotic lab and they are near MT Baker which had the world record snowfall 2 y/ago it was over 90 ft in one year. Closest we get is 400ft verticle and about 55in annual. Do you know what happened to your Olympic snowboard guy from Nagano? The one that was using alternative therapy and it was found in his system?

wendyn on 6/23/01 at 11:29 (051346)

Yes - another one of those proud Canadian moments. I think his name was Ross Rebliati or something?

Dude. He's probably, like, chillin somewhere. You know. Dude.

john h on 6/23/01 at 13:21 (051353)

i will be glad to place the little darlings on you bg cped. i managed to get a few on me in vietnam. i know they are still used in some medical settings in the 1st world.

john h on 6/23/01 at 13:26 (051355)

all bg cped know about canada he learned from nelson eddy and jennete mcdonald. now churchill is my kind of place. love those polar bears in my back yard.

bg cped on 6/23/01 at 15:00 (051358)

I learned all I know about Canada from the Mackenzie brothers and Don Cherry from Hockey Night in Canada.......good day eh! Also Bradors is a wonderful medicine you guys have over there

wendyn on 6/23/01 at 16:44 (051361)

You got me on the Bradors....what's that?

We should move this conversation to the social board so as not to irritate our currently very quiet keeper of the board.

bg cped on 6/23/01 at 18:38 (051365)

It is a wonderful product that reduces pain and is a wonderful muscle relaxer. It is a 7% alcohol solution. You buy it by the case at the best store in Canada, Brewers Retail. It is made by that wonderful pharmaceutical company Labatt.

Dr. Huey Lewi, DPM on 6/23/01 at 21:17 (051369)

Dear Sir:

I would be most happy to participate in a thorough leaching. I have found in my practice that leaching has improved 70% of my patients who test positive for metatarsal anterior diverticulations, bovine-simulation disorder, and scurvy. However, I have not done follow-up inquiries or, in the other 30% of my patients, autopsies.

I will assume that you use only the very finest Limpo-po leaches from the Belgian Congo. One of my grand-child's fondest childhood memories is of feeding my prize leaches bits of treacle and leavings from the Emu oil vat. He trained an exceptionally intelligent slug to sit up and beg. Clever child.

I shall expect my leach-stock to arrive forthwith. I am not sure that a television appearance is fitting - I am told that I no longer photograph well on account of the fact that I have been dead for quite some time.

I remain most sincerely,

Dr. C. Huey Lewi, DPM

bg cped on 6/23/01 at 21:42 (051373)

I have designed and applied for a patent on a device I call the PENTA-PLANTAR-LEECH-SIMULATOR It is a 5 tip device that has suction tubes. Inside the tubes are a small lance. After the puncture there is an anticoagulant released. Then the suction is applied. I feel that the increased activity to the heel region will stimulate healing.
I am also using it to replace colagen injections for lip augmentation. I am currently seeking investors to get involved in this groundbreaking opportunity*

*note* While this is a brilliant idea it is no indication of potential profits. It is possible to actually lose money on this idea. Please consult somebody that knows nothing about investing for advice on buying into this. For best advice consult with somebody that has sent money to a chain letter.

Re: leech for heel pain

john h on 6/24/01 at 08:32 (051398)

Dr Lewi you devil.i suspected the post on leeches, a subject you are eminently qualifed to speak on, would bring you out of retirement. but alas you mispelled 'leech' by spelling it 'leach'. were you aware the the leech contains both male and female organs and frequently reside in the jungle where i had my first encounter with the little bloodsuckers.

john h on 6/24/01 at 08:34 (051399)

if it involves lip augmentation you will surely have a money making business. do leeches require FDA approval like the ossatron?

Paula A on 6/24/01 at hrmin (051436)

Dr Lewi,

You really have a great sense of humor for a dead guy..

Still giggling,

Paula A