Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Jade trial results

Posted by Dr. Chris Reynolds. on 6/23/01 at hrmin (051342)

For anyone who's interested, there are some VERY preliminary results of the Jade trial on my website at http://www.wire.net.au/~jastmi/default.html
We have 75% of respondents' responses after one week's use of the Balm. Would the other participants PLEASE let me know their pain levels as requested. Thanks.
BTW there are still a few places left in the trial so if you get in quickly you'll make it.

Re: Jade trial results

Scott R on 6/23/01 at 11:32 (051347)

I have set up a database identical to the surgery and ESWT databases for Jade 168. I usually don't do this for products because I've been afraid of product manufacturers tampering with the results. I have the same fear for the Jade, but since so many from here have acquired it and I already know who you are from previous postings, I can see if the results are being tampered with. In other words, the people from Jade should absolutely not tell any of their patients about the database because I want to make sure there are no 'plants'. I want to see what my known heelspurs.com people have to say about it. So, everyone from heelspurs.com that is using the Jade, please place your data in the database below.

http://heelspurs.com/jade.cgi

a

john h on 6/23/01 at 13:13 (051350)

dr reynolds. i like the way you are going about this Jade trial and the fact you put out all the facts up front. Win or lose i certaily appreciate your effort here and you can bet he old jade balm goes on each and every night. some of my buddies thinks it smells like lemon pledge. i personally think it smells great. judy i do not think you signed up so now is your chance. you to barb.

Scott R on 6/23/01 at 14:18 (051357)

I placed a link to the Jade 168 patient progress reports on the message board home page, near the bottom, after the table message board categories.

Julie on 6/23/01 at 15:12 (051359)

I like the smell too, John! And I agree with everything else you say.

Scott R on 6/23/01 at 17:14 (051364)

I have 12 people confirmed by email for the heelspurs.com version of the 'Jade trial'. I'm doing a seperate version because before I can publish the results from a 'study' at heelspurs.com, it has to come from a source that's independent of the product. Now is the best time for me to do it because I haven't decided to carry the product for sale at heelspurs.com. So if you are trying the Jade please use the database:

Or if you want to email me: scott@heelspurs.com

a

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/24/01 at hrmin (051396)

You're giving me ideas! But it would be a waste of my time and effort (I'm doing this whole thing myself after hours) to tamper with the trial because I have an excellent opportunity here to confirm or deny my own observations - something I have wanted to know for a long time.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/04/01 at hrmin (052174)

John, thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated. Sorry, the postings had gone off the page and I only just saw yours.
PS I don't think we're going to lose, not if the results so far continue to help around half of the participants. Not a bad outcome for ANY PF treatment when you consider cost, side-effects, efficacy etc.

Re: Jade trial results at 4 weeks.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/12/01 at hrmin (052921)

Please check the latest results on the 'Treatments/etc.' message board. Are there any doctors out there who would be prepared to comment?

Scott R on 6/23/01 at 11:32 (051347)

I have set up a database identical to the surgery and ESWT databases for Jade 168. I usually don't do this for products because I've been afraid of product manufacturers tampering with the results. I have the same fear for the Jade, but since so many from here have acquired it and I already know who you are from previous postings, I can see if the results are being tampered with. In other words, the people from Jade should absolutely not tell any of their patients about the database because I want to make sure there are no 'plants'. I want to see what my known heelspurs.com people have to say about it. So, everyone from heelspurs.com that is using the Jade, please place your data in the database below.

a

john h on 6/23/01 at 13:13 (051350)

dr reynolds. i like the way you are going about this Jade trial and the fact you put out all the facts up front. Win or lose i certaily appreciate your effort here and you can bet he old jade balm goes on each and every night. some of my buddies thinks it smells like lemon pledge. i personally think it smells great. judy i do not think you signed up so now is your chance. you to barb.

Scott R on 6/23/01 at 14:18 (051357)

I placed a link to the Jade 168 patient progress reports on the message board home page, near the bottom, after the table message board categories.

Julie on 6/23/01 at 15:12 (051359)

I like the smell too, John! And I agree with everything else you say.

Scott R on 6/23/01 at 17:14 (051364)

I have 12 people confirmed by email for the heelspurs.com version of the 'Jade trial'. I'm doing a seperate version because before I can publish the results from a 'study' at heelspurs.com, it has to come from a source that's independent of the product. Now is the best time for me to do it because I haven't decided to carry the product for sale at heelspurs.com. So if you are trying the Jade please use the database:

Or if you want to email me: scott@heelspurs.com

a

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 6/24/01 at hrmin (051396)

You're giving me ideas! But it would be a waste of my time and effort (I'm doing this whole thing myself after hours) to tamper with the trial because I have an excellent opportunity here to confirm or deny my own observations - something I have wanted to know for a long time.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/04/01 at hrmin (052174)

John, thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated. Sorry, the postings had gone off the page and I only just saw yours.
PS I don't think we're going to lose, not if the results so far continue to help around half of the participants. Not a bad outcome for ANY PF treatment when you consider cost, side-effects, efficacy etc.

Re: Jade trial results at 4 weeks.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/12/01 at hrmin (052921)

Please check the latest results on the 'Treatments/etc.' message board. Are there any doctors out there who would be prepared to comment?