Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot Pain

Posted by vendex on 6/23/01 at 17:08 (051362)

I have been having quite a lot of pain in the upper right side and base of my foot not too far below my
baby toe. I have been exercising doing strength and flexibility routine for the past year
and before that regular non-aerobic exercise for about 4 years this is the worst it has been...I have been gardening
and unfortunately I wasn't exactly careful where I was gardening and did some walking
on rocks which I think may have re-inflammed my foot...I had this pain several
years ago... and took and anti-inflammatory drug as well as did stretching foot
exercises..I believe I should see a doctor about this but I was also
wondering if I should stop exercising until this pain goes away..
I do walking to stretch and do various reclining exercises on
my back and I exercise in a gym 2 times a week...Occasionally the pain
makes me feel like I might collapse on my right foot..
After I rest it gets better but this is very uncomfortable and
I don't really want to give up exercise as I enjoy it very
much. Any hints?

Re: Foot Pain

Dr. Biehler on 6/24/01 at 07:03 (051391)

It sound like ther area that is causing the pain is around the metatarsal head of the fifth toe. This may be a capsulitis or a bursitis that you might be able to control with some kind of shoe insert. Sice the problem has been recurring, I suggest you visit your local Podiatrist. Dr. B.

Re: Foot Pain

Dr. Biehler on 6/24/01 at 07:03 (051391)

It sound like ther area that is causing the pain is around the metatarsal head of the fifth toe. This may be a capsulitis or a bursitis that you might be able to control with some kind of shoe insert. Sice the problem has been recurring, I suggest you visit your local Podiatrist. Dr. B.