Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Doctors-New problem-question

Posted by Mary S. on 6/24/01 at 17:21 (051427)

I am recovering from surgery on my right leg/1 mo. post-op, and now I have noticed something on the other foot. For ages I have had a little corn like, tiny place on the outside edge of the left foot that I always just clipped off, but it would come back. No redness or problem. Within the last two weeks, I've noticed two other small places on the same foot near the soft arch area that appear as little, round, hard spots, similar to the one that I have clipped for years. These are somewhat tender. I shudder at the thought of them being something that needs to be removed as I am just now able to walk on the other foot. Could they be plantar warts? If so, and they have to come off, will I be able to walk on that foot? If not plantar warts, what could they be? I go back to my doctor tomorrow afternoon and would like to appear half way knowledgeable about what this might be and treatment options. I will appreciate any information that you can share. Thank you!!

Re: Doctors-New problem-question

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/24/01 at 20:58 (051443)

Could be callus, porokerotic lesions , or warts. Most likely due to shifting your weight for the operated foot to the good foot. I am sure that it isn't serious and your doctor will beable to take care of whatever this is.

Re: Dr. Z.-Thanks

Mary S. on 6/24/01 at 21:54 (051444)

Thank you so much! This message board is just the greatest thing! Where else outside of an office are doctors willing to share their knowledge and give advice. You are helping to provide a wonderful service for so many people. I appreciate you!

Re: Re:Saw Doctor

Mary S. on 6/26/01 at 22:04 (051586)

My doctor looked at the places on my foot and said, 'I don't know, just don't know, probably nothing to be concerned about--don't think they are warts-could be though, but I don't think so. Just probably something that has been there all along that you have just noticed.' He then went back to the discussion about my surgery.
These are totally new--maybe three weeks old. Round, pink, hardish centers, tender. Oh, well, I don't know either.

Re: Doctors-New problem-question

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/24/01 at 20:58 (051443)

Could be callus, porokerotic lesions , or warts. Most likely due to shifting your weight for the operated foot to the good foot. I am sure that it isn't serious and your doctor will beable to take care of whatever this is.

Re: Dr. Z.-Thanks

Mary S. on 6/24/01 at 21:54 (051444)

Thank you so much! This message board is just the greatest thing! Where else outside of an office are doctors willing to share their knowledge and give advice. You are helping to provide a wonderful service for so many people. I appreciate you!

Re: Re:Saw Doctor

Mary S. on 6/26/01 at 22:04 (051586)

My doctor looked at the places on my foot and said, 'I don't know, just don't know, probably nothing to be concerned about--don't think they are warts-could be though, but I don't think so. Just probably something that has been there all along that you have just noticed.' He then went back to the discussion about my surgery.
These are totally new--maybe three weeks old. Round, pink, hardish centers, tender. Oh, well, I don't know either.