Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Indocin for PF?

Posted by Kim K. on 6/24/01 at hrmin (051428)

Today I tried a new Podiatrist who convinced me to try shots (not cortisone,but some other anti inflammatory drug mixed with vitamin B12) and he put me on Indocin and told me to stop taking the Vioxx that my previous Dr. prescribed. I have had PF for over a year, and am considering EWST when it becomes more prevalent in Florida where I live. I would like to know if anyone has tried Indocin for PF?

Re: Indocin for PF?

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/24/01 at 17:42 (051430)

Indocin is very good for gout and any severe inflamatory reaction which pf can do. Must be very careful it can cause stomach ulceration and severe GI upset. It isn't one to be one for any length of time.

Carlw on 6/24/01 at 17:47 (051431)

Hi Kim,

I tried Indocin for about 2 months after trying celebrex and Vioxx. I found it harder on my stomach and I usually have a rock gut that can handle anything. It did not really do much for me. The doctor that I am seeing right now does not reccomend it and says it is usually only used in severe cases of gout.

Carl

cindyp on 6/25/01 at hrmin (051529)

I to was taking it and stopped because it tore up my stomach. Then I tried it again because I silly thought an nsaid is an nsaid and had the beginnings of a migraine. No bad idea. My stomach is now touchy with that stuff. And it didn't work much for foot pain for me but to each his own.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/24/01 at 17:42 (051430)

Indocin is very good for gout and any severe inflamatory reaction which pf can do. Must be very careful it can cause stomach ulceration and severe GI upset. It isn't one to be one for any length of time.

Carlw on 6/24/01 at 17:47 (051431)

Hi Kim,

I tried Indocin for about 2 months after trying celebrex and Vioxx. I found it harder on my stomach and I usually have a rock gut that can handle anything. It did not really do much for me. The doctor that I am seeing right now does not reccomend it and says it is usually only used in severe cases of gout.

Carl

cindyp on 6/25/01 at hrmin (051529)

I to was taking it and stopped because it tore up my stomach. Then I tried it again because I silly thought an nsaid is an nsaid and had the beginnings of a migraine. No bad idea. My stomach is now touchy with that stuff. And it didn't work much for foot pain for me but to each his own.