Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Still looking

Posted by linda on 6/24/01 at 20:24 (051440)

Still looking for the person who got the shoes from Walmart that were so comfy. I'm just now back in shoes but having a terrible time finding any I can wear. My foot is still swollen some and I can't wear any of myregular shoes. Please let me know what everyone is doing for shoes. Thanks, linda

Re: Still looking/I sorta remember to

Tammie on 6/25/01 at 17:58 (051505)

Linda , I remember that post also I thought they said something about a earth shoe?I laughed and it stck in mind as when I was a teen earth shoes were in they were a style!!!! I thought they said a earth shoe brand??? I may be wrong I will search around for it maybe I can locate it?

Re: Ok found a few posts

Tammie on 6/25/01 at 19:02 (051511)

Linda, I did a dearch on the walmart thing lol, and found thisunder a post from PamR 2 month aniv.post was on 5/23/01 she bought a pair of earth shoe brand leather sandles,for 16.98 that was the most recent thing I could find for walmart shoes lol, further back I seen where someone had bought some hanes soft sole shoe but I am not sure if they worked! I hope this helps you somewhat! Good Luck !

linda on 6/25/01 at 19:44 (051516)

Tammie, I can't believe you went to all the trouble just for me! Thanks so much. I will be in Walmart tomorrow looking for those sandals! I have one pair of shoes that I can wear right now and they are running shoes. My biggest problem is finding something I can wear to church with running shoes!! I know God doesn't look at what we wear and I shouldn't care but its' been so long since I could actually dress up!!! My PT told me today that she thought I was doing great. She didn't expect me to be as far along as I am. Still it seems slow, but everyday I find some little something that I can do that I couldn't do the day before. I am leaving in a couple days to go to my parents. They are not well and I don't know how much longer I'll have my mom. I'm not very good on my feet yet but I must go. Pray for me! Thanks again! linda

Re: No problem

Tammie on 6/25/01 at 21:44 (051524)

Linda, it was no problem , I like helping someone if I can it is like returning what others here have done for me it might be little things but none the less it is giving back a part of what we recieve! I hope that u find something that works for shoes for u!!! I hate shoe shopping and have been searching myself for better shoes especially a good shoe for when I return to work, I have ones I do like but they will not last forever and when you are in the nursing field we use our feet alot lol! And no Linda God does not care what we wear on our feet but I also remember somewhere about dress as if he were a important guest in our home , I dont remember where i seen that but he would have to understand comfort is first for all!I am sorry about your mom, I really am that must be very hard and stressful, and to have sore feet to. I hope all goes well and I will remember you in my prayers actually I include all here in them, as I pray that everyone can someday be pain free or at the minimum, less pain! He only gives what we can bear so they say, I guess we have to trust! Please have a safe trip and give your mom a big kiss and tell her you love her! Hugs to you,

Re: Still looking-shoes

Dan on 7/01/01 at hrmin (052015)

Birkenstocks worked rather well for me but I've found the VERY expensive Mephisto brand to be best for my feet. I have lots of swelling in confined shoes so ONLY wear a pair of Mephisto sandals. The support is incredible. While my feet are in awful shape, these Mephisto sandals have helped more than the 4 pairs of orthotics I've paid for the last 5 years.
Good Luck.

Re: Still looking/I sorta remember to

Tammie on 6/25/01 at 17:58 (051505)

Linda , I remember that post also I thought they said something about a earth shoe?I laughed and it stck in mind as when I was a teen earth shoes were in they were a style!!!! I thought they said a earth shoe brand??? I may be wrong I will search around for it maybe I can locate it?

Tammie on 6/25/01 at 19:02 (051511)

Linda, I did a dearch on the walmart thing lol, and found thisunder a post from PamR 2 month aniv.post was on 5/23/01 she bought a pair of earth shoe brand leather sandles,for 16.98 that was the most recent thing I could find for walmart shoes lol, further back I seen where someone had bought some hanes soft sole shoe but I am not sure if they worked! I hope this helps you somewhat! Good Luck !

linda on 6/25/01 at 19:44 (051516)

Tammie, I can't believe you went to all the trouble just for me! Thanks so much. I will be in Walmart tomorrow looking for those sandals! I have one pair of shoes that I can wear right now and they are running shoes. My biggest problem is finding something I can wear to church with running shoes!! I know God doesn't look at what we wear and I shouldn't care but its' been so long since I could actually dress up!!! My PT told me today that she thought I was doing great. She didn't expect me to be as far along as I am. Still it seems slow, but everyday I find some little something that I can do that I couldn't do the day before. I am leaving in a couple days to go to my parents. They are not well and I don't know how much longer I'll have my mom. I'm not very good on my feet yet but I must go. Pray for me! Thanks again! linda

Re: No problem

Tammie on 6/25/01 at 21:44 (051524)

Linda, it was no problem , I like helping someone if I can it is like returning what others here have done for me it might be little things but none the less it is giving back a part of what we recieve! I hope that u find something that works for shoes for u!!! I hate shoe shopping and have been searching myself for better shoes especially a good shoe for when I return to work, I have ones I do like but they will not last forever and when you are in the nursing field we use our feet alot lol! And no Linda God does not care what we wear on our feet but I also remember somewhere about dress as if he were a important guest in our home , I dont remember where i seen that but he would have to understand comfort is first for all!I am sorry about your mom, I really am that must be very hard and stressful, and to have sore feet to. I hope all goes well and I will remember you in my prayers actually I include all here in them, as I pray that everyone can someday be pain free or at the minimum, less pain! He only gives what we can bear so they say, I guess we have to trust! Please have a safe trip and give your mom a big kiss and tell her you love her! Hugs to you,

Re: Still looking-shoes

Dan on 7/01/01 at hrmin (052015)

Birkenstocks worked rather well for me but I've found the VERY expensive Mephisto brand to be best for my feet. I have lots of swelling in confined shoes so ONLY wear a pair of Mephisto sandals. The support is incredible. While my feet are in awful shape, these Mephisto sandals have helped more than the 4 pairs of orthotics I've paid for the last 5 years.
Good Luck.