Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

achillies tendon surgery

Posted by robert minerva on 6/24/01 at hrmin (051445)

this is all new to me. I had my achilies tendon completely torn and had surgery about three months ago. I was boxing with a low cut wrestling shoe and wrapped the extra laces around the back of my ankle around the achillies. I stepped back and torn it completely. Can anyone tell me wether or not putting a heal lift in my shoe will help me from having it injuried again. obviously after it heals. Can anyone tell me were I can get information on the rehabilitation of the achillies tendon. I am new to the computer also. please E-mail me at rminerva@fresno.ca.gov

Re: achillies tendon surgery

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/11/01 at 00:52 (052754)

You need to talk to your surgeon. Rehab could be different depending on the different procedures. Dr. Kosova and I just did a repair using an cadaveric graft. This will require a much different post op course then a primary repair.

Eddie on 8/14/01 at hrmin (056741)

I had Achilies tendon surgery 10 years ago and haven't had a problem with it since. In fact, it's much stronger and thicker than before. The rehab can be rough! But since you're a boxer you'll be able to handle it.

I still have another weak tendon to deal with and I find my best advice can from a foot doctor. He determined my tendon was misalined due to misalined bones in the arch area of my foot. My problem now is that it's sore and taking too long to heel.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/11/01 at 00:52 (052754)

You need to talk to your surgeon. Rehab could be different depending on the different procedures. Dr. Kosova and I just did a repair using an cadaveric graft. This will require a much different post op course then a primary repair.

Eddie on 8/14/01 at hrmin (056741)

I had Achilies tendon surgery 10 years ago and haven't had a problem with it since. In fact, it's much stronger and thicker than before. The rehab can be rough! But since you're a boxer you'll be able to handle it.

I still have another weak tendon to deal with and I find my best advice can from a foot doctor. He determined my tendon was misalined due to misalined bones in the arch area of my foot. My problem now is that it's sore and taking too long to heel.