Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Can PF release surgery be done in office

Posted by Cindy on 6/25/01 at 11:05 (051471)

My 2nd Podiatrist told me that he has a sterile room in his office and can
do the PF release procedure there without anesthesia. Do you think that this is safe and can be done as effectively than it would be if I went to the hospital? If you need more info my previous post is: re: think again
Thank You, Cindy

Re: Can PF release surgery be done in office

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/25/01 at 13:18 (051484)

It all depends on what type of release we are talking about. I have done hunreds of minimial incision pf releases in my office over the past 22 years. So need to know what the technique we are talking about

cindy on 6/25/01 at hrmin (051486)

They called it an 'instep' surgery with a 2' insistion. The other Doc wanted to do the Minimal Invasion surgery in the hospital. With a 3 stitch insision on the bottom of my foot. Which do you think has a better success and recovery rate? THANK YOU!!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/25/01 at 14:00 (051488)

First of all a three stitch procedure isn't minimial incision foot surgery . We do this procedure with no stitches period. The instep is a procedure that is done by cutting the medial band in the arch area. All heel spur/pf surgery can take up to six months to heal Have you though about ESWT. This is a non-invasive procedure that doesn't have the same reccovery period that you have with any type of heel spur and or pf release. If you would like additional information you can e-mail my ESWT coordinator Denise Ashcraft at heelhelp@bee.net . or call her at 1-856-478-2097. She will answer all your questons about ESWT and send you an informational packet.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/25/01 at 13:18 (051484)

It all depends on what type of release we are talking about. I have done hunreds of minimial incision pf releases in my office over the past 22 years. So need to know what the technique we are talking about

cindy on 6/25/01 at hrmin (051486)

They called it an 'instep' surgery with a 2' insistion. The other Doc wanted to do the Minimal Invasion surgery in the hospital. With a 3 stitch insision on the bottom of my foot. Which do you think has a better success and recovery rate? THANK YOU!!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/25/01 at 14:00 (051488)

First of all a three stitch procedure isn't minimial incision foot surgery . We do this procedure with no stitches period. The instep is a procedure that is done by cutting the medial band in the arch area. All heel spur/pf surgery can take up to six months to heal Have you though about ESWT. This is a non-invasive procedure that doesn't have the same reccovery period that you have with any type of heel spur and or pf release. If you would like additional information you can e-mail my ESWT coordinator Denise Ashcraft at heelhelp@bee.net . or call her at 1-856-478-2097. She will answer all your questons about ESWT and send you an informational packet.