Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Info. for Laurie R. and anyone int. in chronic pain national grp.

Posted by Beverly on 6/26/01 at 17:25 (051570)

Laurie,

Awhile back you asked if there are any chronic pain chat groups online. I have no idea, because it is all I can do to keep up with our board here. But I do belong to The American Chronic Pain Association. It is a national group... just recently joined it. I'm pleased with the resources they have.
I ordered a daily journal/meditation book and a relaxation tape and a long booklet on pain meds. They have support groups in major cities. I'd think a big place like LA would have a group. There was plenty of other stuff to order but that was all I could afford to spend. If there is no group in your area, they have a pen pal program. I chose not to join the pen pals since I have all of you, but I wanted to pass along this info.

I like the journal. The theme seems to be how to live life joyfully and with purpose despite chronic pain.
See ya,
Beverly

Re: Opps... forgot to give you the address

Beverly on 6/26/01 at 17:26 (051571)

Address is:
American Chronic Pain Association
PO Box 850
Rocklin, Calif, 95677
webpage: http://www.theacpa.org

Re: Info. for Laurie R. and anyone int. in chronic pain national grp.

Laurie R on 6/27/01 at 01:23 (051602)

Dear Beverly ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate it . I checked out the site . Lots of info ... It is so hard to find a chat room on cronic pain . But I will keep trying . Late at night when I cna't sleep I go on line and I just thought it would be so cool to talk to other people live that also have cronic pain that understand ,like all the people here.

Thanks again ,Beverly and keep us posted on your up and coming Zap ..

My best to you , Laurie

Helene M on 6/27/01 at 18:07 (051671)

Laurie,
I participated in a chronic pain chat room a few years ago. The name escapes me for the moment. If I can remember the website address, I will let you know

Re: To Laurie R re: chat room

Helene M on 6/27/01 at 20:10 (051677)

Hi Laurie.
I recalled the chat room. I will try to cut and paste the link here. If it doesn't work, you can go to http://www.delphi.com and click on 'Support/Recovery' on the left side of the screen. Then scroll down and you will see a chronic pain support group listed, called 'Friends in Pain'. It says they have a chat every night at 9 PM EST plus at various times during the day.
http://forums.delphi.com/ChronicPainSup/start
Also, do you have AOL? They have every kind of chat room you can imagine. There must be one on chronic pain, or if not, you can start your own.

Helene M on 6/27/01 at 20:16 (051678)

I forgot to mention, you can do an advanced search on a search engine, such as Google, by entering the exact phrase 'chronic pain chat'. I came up with 46 sites. Chronic pain is a popular topic and I knew there had to be lots of ongoing chats on the web. Hope this helps.

Laurie R on 6/27/01 at 21:02 (051680)

Dear Helene , thank you so much for all your hard work on helping me. This is wonderful ,I will check it out. Like I said I sometimes can't sleep and I stay up late and I get very bored ,it would be so nice to talk to other people that also have cronic pain ,I think if I start talking I will never go to bed. Ha Ha Ha .... Thank you again , you are very kind. Laurie R

Re: To Laurie R re: chat room RE Helene

Laurie R on 6/27/01 at 22:13 (051688)

Hi Again Helene , I just shecked out the site. Oh my goodness ,what nice people. I went into two rooms and the all the people were so wonderful . Thsy all welcomed me. My brother has HEPT C and he has no computer .I went into the Hept room and the the people were so nice ,I told them it was fo rmy brother and they asked me if I had any ?s ..I tell ya I have met some of the nices people on the web. Thank you again ... My very best to you .Laurie R

Helene M on 6/28/01 at 12:40 (051754)

You're welcome, Laurie. I just hope the chat rooms don't keep you up all night! We need our sleep to heal.

Re: Opps... forgot to give you the address

Beverly on 6/26/01 at 17:26 (051571)

Address is:
American Chronic Pain Association
PO Box 850
Rocklin, Calif, 95677
webpage: http://www.theacpa.org

Laurie R on 6/27/01 at 01:23 (051602)

Dear Beverly ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate it . I checked out the site . Lots of info ... It is so hard to find a chat room on cronic pain . But I will keep trying . Late at night when I cna't sleep I go on line and I just thought it would be so cool to talk to other people live that also have cronic pain that understand ,like all the people here.

Thanks again ,Beverly and keep us posted on your up and coming Zap ..

My best to you , Laurie

Helene M on 6/27/01 at 18:07 (051671)

Laurie,
I participated in a chronic pain chat room a few years ago. The name escapes me for the moment. If I can remember the website address, I will let you know

Helene M on 6/27/01 at 20:10 (051677)

Hi Laurie.
I recalled the chat room. I will try to cut and paste the link here. If it doesn't work, you can go to http://www.delphi.com and click on 'Support/Recovery' on the left side of the screen. Then scroll down and you will see a chronic pain support group listed, called 'Friends in Pain'. It says they have a chat every night at 9 PM EST plus at various times during the day.
http://forums.delphi.com/ChronicPainSup/start
Also, do you have AOL? They have every kind of chat room you can imagine. There must be one on chronic pain, or if not, you can start your own.

Helene M on 6/27/01 at 20:16 (051678)

I forgot to mention, you can do an advanced search on a search engine, such as Google, by entering the exact phrase 'chronic pain chat'. I came up with 46 sites. Chronic pain is a popular topic and I knew there had to be lots of ongoing chats on the web. Hope this helps.

Laurie R on 6/27/01 at 21:02 (051680)

Dear Helene , thank you so much for all your hard work on helping me. This is wonderful ,I will check it out. Like I said I sometimes can't sleep and I stay up late and I get very bored ,it would be so nice to talk to other people that also have cronic pain ,I think if I start talking I will never go to bed. Ha Ha Ha .... Thank you again , you are very kind. Laurie R

Laurie R on 6/27/01 at 22:13 (051688)

Hi Again Helene , I just shecked out the site. Oh my goodness ,what nice people. I went into two rooms and the all the people were so wonderful . Thsy all welcomed me. My brother has HEPT C and he has no computer .I went into the Hept room and the the people were so nice ,I told them it was fo rmy brother and they asked me if I had any ?s ..I tell ya I have met some of the nices people on the web. Thank you again ... My very best to you .Laurie R

Helene M on 6/28/01 at 12:40 (051754)

You're welcome, Laurie. I just hope the chat rooms don't keep you up all night! We need our sleep to heal.