Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot Pain

Posted by Jeff A on 6/27/01 at hrmin (051652)

I have been getting pain in my feet, usually alternating between the 2 after being on my feet for a while. Usually hurts on the instep and on the outside of the foot. WHen I walk on them it doesnt hurt, but in the mronings and sometime after being on them a long time, when I lay in bed they start hurting. Usually just 1 foot, but seems to 1 one day and the other the next. Looks like my foot swells up if I am on them a long time, but getting up and walking for a while always makes the pain go away. Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Foot Pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/27/01 at 17:14 (051667)

Sounds like Plantar fasciitis and or heel spur pain. Early treatment and rest is the cure . Read heel pain book. Two good tips right out of the starting blocks.

1. Rest with proper stretching.
2. Take a look at your shoes.
3. See a doctor if you can . It will save you alot of aggravation down the road.
4. Treat heel pain like a broken bone. Would you rest a broken bone. you bet so rest

Linda C on 6/27/01 at hrmin (051697)

I have pain in my left heel all the time. Worse after being on my feet. Hurts even at night. Some swelling in left ankle. What do you think it could be?

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/28/01 at 06:55 (051713)

All the time may be a stress fracture, torn tendon other problems such as lower back stenosis. You need evaluatoin such as x-ray, mri and posible EMG
Have you seen a doctor and what has been told to you

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/27/01 at 17:14 (051667)

Sounds like Plantar fasciitis and or heel spur pain. Early treatment and rest is the cure . Read heel pain book. Two good tips right out of the starting blocks.

1. Rest with proper stretching.
2. Take a look at your shoes.
3. See a doctor if you can . It will save you alot of aggravation down the road.
4. Treat heel pain like a broken bone. Would you rest a broken bone. you bet so rest

Linda C on 6/27/01 at hrmin (051697)

I have pain in my left heel all the time. Worse after being on my feet. Hurts even at night. Some swelling in left ankle. What do you think it could be?

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/28/01 at 06:55 (051713)

All the time may be a stress fracture, torn tendon other problems such as lower back stenosis. You need evaluatoin such as x-ray, mri and posible EMG
Have you seen a doctor and what has been told to you