Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Butting in? Can someone explain?

Posted by Lisa C. on 6/27/01 at 16:36 (051662)

I've read recent posts where people say 'forgive me for butting in' or or 'sorry to jump in on this thread'... I know its about the board and how we are supposed to use it. Could someone explain. I fear that I am posting wrong each time. Layman terms please, my kids think that it is a miracle that I am able to use the computer at all with my total lack of computer knowledge!
Thanks in advance for any help

Re: Butting in? Can someone explain?

Julie on 6/27/01 at 16:57 (051665)

No no, Lisa, please don't ever feel that you're 'posting wrong'. The boards are for everybody. I think sometimes people excuse themselves for 'butting into' s 'conversation' that has started up between two or three people just to be polite, but as all these 'conversations' are 'heard' by everybody, everybody is always welcome to join in. So feel free and don't hold back.

Lisa C. on 6/28/01 at 18:46 (051783)

Hi Julie,
Thanks for taking the time to explain things to me. I feel better knowing that I am just joining in on a conversation and not committing some 'interrupting a thread' crime.
Lisa

Julie on 6/29/01 at 03:33 (051832)

Good! Keep posting, Lisa.

Julie on 6/27/01 at 16:57 (051665)

No no, Lisa, please don't ever feel that you're 'posting wrong'. The boards are for everybody. I think sometimes people excuse themselves for 'butting into' s 'conversation' that has started up between two or three people just to be polite, but as all these 'conversations' are 'heard' by everybody, everybody is always welcome to join in. So feel free and don't hold back.

Lisa C. on 6/28/01 at 18:46 (051783)

Hi Julie,
Thanks for taking the time to explain things to me. I feel better knowing that I am just joining in on a conversation and not committing some 'interrupting a thread' crime.
Lisa

Julie on 6/29/01 at 03:33 (051832)

Good! Keep posting, Lisa.