Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Surgery: heel spur release

Posted by Vicki on 6/27/01 at hrmin (051676)

I am scheduled for surgery this week to do a release to my left heel. I have been dealing with this problem for almost 4 years. My doctor seems to think this would help me in the long run.

I have been on daypro, resting my feet as much as I can, and wearing supportive shoes.

When I first stand on my feet in the morning it is trouble. Once I start walking the pain goes away for awhile but by the end of the day I am limping from alot of disconfront. Also, if I have been sitting for awhile my feet hurt when I get up.

I am worried about having this surgery done. I was wondering what you thought?

Re: Surgery: heel spur release

john h on 6/28/01 at 10:08 (051731)

vicki: i would get a second opinion from another doctor and would also look into minimal invasive surgery vs endoscopic surgery if you proceed. ask the doc how many of these surgeries he has performed? read everything on this board you can about surgery.

Re: Surgery: heel spur release

john h on 6/28/01 at 10:08 (051731)

vicki: i would get a second opinion from another doctor and would also look into minimal invasive surgery vs endoscopic surgery if you proceed. ask the doc how many of these surgeries he has performed? read everything on this board you can about surgery.