Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heal Spur removed-----complete disaster

Posted by Shirley Gummo on 6/28/01 at 00:14 (051699)

I had a heel spur removed. The podiatrist that did it, not only cut out the tendon completely, he did severed the nerve to the foot. I am 4 months post surgery with major infection and am still going to a wound care center for treatment of incision that will not heal.

This podiatrist in Sarasota Florida really did a number on me, and I am so sorry I did not read your information before I let him convince me I needed surgery.

His carelessness is causing many problems, and as a result, it looks as if it is turing into RSD. A very painful disorder resulting from bone injury, poor surgery technics done.

Anyone considering having heel spurs removed..............think twice, I am 4 months post surgery and ten times worse than I was prior to this. Podiatrists should not be allowed operating privledges as only now I find their limited education as compared to a real dr.

Thanks for hearing me out...............Shirley

Re: Heal Spur removed-----complete disaster

Julie on 6/28/01 at 02:43 (051707)

Shirley, I am so sorry this has happened. Have you considered taking legal action against this podiatrist? Even if you don't mind about compensation, it might help to avoid his practising his clumsy ministrations on others. I do hope the problems he has caused you resolve eventually, and that you can get back to enjoying your life.

Meanwhile thanks for posting your experience. If you have time perhaps you would copy it or better still enlarge upon it for our 'Success and Horror Stories' message board.

All the best for your complete recovery, Julie

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/28/01 at 06:53 (051712)

Hi,

I am really sorry that this has happen to you. If you would like to discuss this further feel free to contact me at footcare@home.com . I am a podiatrist and I hope you don't hold this against me but I would like to either try to help you or at least talk to you.

Sincerly yours

Dr. Zuckerman

Re: Footlaw.com

BrianG on 6/28/01 at 11:57 (051742)

Hi Shirley,

Pretty nasty story. If I was in your shoes, I'd do two things.
1. See the best Podiatrist / Orthopedist in your area if the wound center is not working out.

2. Send e-mail to http://www.footlaw.com They are Podiatrists who are practicing attorneys. Good luck, I hope we can be of some help.

BCG

PS Now is the time to start gathering ALL your records. Also keep a written journal of everyone you see, and what it is for. And I mean everything.

Julie on 6/28/01 at 02:43 (051707)

Shirley, I am so sorry this has happened. Have you considered taking legal action against this podiatrist? Even if you don't mind about compensation, it might help to avoid his practising his clumsy ministrations on others. I do hope the problems he has caused you resolve eventually, and that you can get back to enjoying your life.

Meanwhile thanks for posting your experience. If you have time perhaps you would copy it or better still enlarge upon it for our 'Success and Horror Stories' message board.

All the best for your complete recovery, Julie

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/28/01 at 06:53 (051712)

Hi,

I am really sorry that this has happen to you. If you would like to discuss this further feel free to contact me at footcare@home.com . I am a podiatrist and I hope you don't hold this against me but I would like to either try to help you or at least talk to you.

Sincerly yours

Dr. Zuckerman

Re: Footlaw.com

BrianG on 6/28/01 at 11:57 (051742)

Hi Shirley,

Pretty nasty story. If I was in your shoes, I'd do two things.
1. See the best Podiatrist / Orthopedist in your area if the wound center is not working out.

2. Send e-mail to http://www.footlaw.com They are Podiatrists who are practicing attorneys. Good luck, I hope we can be of some help.

BCG

PS Now is the time to start gathering ALL your records. Also keep a written journal of everyone you see, and what it is for. And I mean everything.