Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Having pain after EPF surgery

Posted by Regina Brown on 6/28/01 at 09:31 (051726)

Dr.Zuckerman,
As of the last writing to you,I have been ordered some PT from my Dr. I have just recently started it and have had 3 sessions so far.What they are doing is whirlpool,ultrasound and different stretches.The whirlpool and ultrasound are great but it seems the stretches they are having me do is making my foot so terribly sore and hurtful.I had my EPF surgery on May 3,which is approx.8 weeks ago I think.When I have the stretches,my surgery foot hurts more the next day and it just doesn't seem to be doing much.My question is should I continue on with the stretches as it is making my foot hurt more or is it still too soon to try PT and or should I just ask therapists to discontinue those stretches and just use whirlpool and ultrasound?This is a long question haha.Thanks for your answer! Regina

Re: Having pain after EPF surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/28/01 at 17:30 (051775)

If you are having pain cut back on the amount of stretching . Use ultrasound and whirlpool. Non-weight bearing stretches are very helpful so long as no pain.

Re: Having pain after EPF surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/28/01 at 17:30 (051775)

If you are having pain cut back on the amount of stretching . Use ultrasound and whirlpool. Non-weight bearing stretches are very helpful so long as no pain.