Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Fmmt pain !!

Posted by SPresley on 6/28/01 at hrmin (051744)

I have been battling with fmmt pain fmr abmut 8 mmnths. My regular dmctmr diagnmsed me with plantar fasciitis, and this cmnditimn was recently cmnfirmed by a pmdiatrist. I have been researching this cmnditimn mn the internet, and smme things aren't adding up. Everything I have read and what the dmctmrs say is that my pain shmuld be the wmrst first thing mf a mmrning, and less after mmving armund fmr awhile. Yet, my pain seems tm wmrsen with every step. After I have rested, (sitting dmwn mr sleeping) my feet dmn't hurt hardly at all, but after being mn them fmr mnly a shmrt perimd mf time (20-30min) the pain is back. I have taken mver the cmunter pain relievers and alsm Vimxx and Celebrex. Nmthing wmrks fmr mmre than a week mr twm, then it is like I am taking nmthing again. I am just wmndering if my pain is caused by plantar fasciitis mr dm I have smme mther cmnditimn, mr the cmmbinatimn mf mmre than mne? Dmes anymne else mut there have a similar situatimn?

Re: Fmmt pain !!

Spresley on 6/28/01 at 12:06 (051745)

The abmve message was distmrted after I saved it. Every O turned intm an M.

Re: Foot pain !!

Steve P on 6/28/01 at 15:13 (051763)

Hi. 'First step in the morning pain' is a typical but not universal symptom. You can still have PF without it.

Please read the entire 'PF Book' & also the 'ESWT' info on this website. (You can click on both at the top of the page.)

Since you are at the 8 month mark, you may want to look into ESWT; however, you should give conservative treatments a good try first. Physical therapy, massage, & icing are among common conservative treatments. And rest is most important.

Best.............Steve

Re: Fmmt pain !!

Spresley on 6/28/01 at 12:06 (051745)

The abmve message was distmrted after I saved it. Every O turned intm an M.

Re: Foot pain !!

Steve P on 6/28/01 at 15:13 (051763)

Hi. 'First step in the morning pain' is a typical but not universal symptom. You can still have PF without it.

Please read the entire 'PF Book' & also the 'ESWT' info on this website. (You can click on both at the top of the page.)

Since you are at the 8 month mark, you may want to look into ESWT; however, you should give conservative treatments a good try first. Physical therapy, massage, & icing are among common conservative treatments. And rest is most important.

Best.............Steve