Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Have To Tell My Good News!!!

Posted by Donna M on 6/29/01 at 00:13 (051812)

Just have to tell everyone like a typical ol' proud grandmother!! I have a new grandchild!
My daughter gave birth to a beautiful little girl Tuesday morning!! She weighed 7 lb.6oz. and was 19¾ inches long and has dark brown hair. Her name is Alyssa Morgan and she is a little doll!! Her big brother, which will be 3 next month, couldn't wait to get her home, but he really wanted his Mommy home more than anything!
Just had to share my news because I am so happy!! Now if everything goes as smooth with the one my other daughter has due in January, I will be well blessed!!
Although I must say as much as I have had to be on my feet, my PF is at about 9-10 at the present, but sometimes you've got to do what it takes to get through certain situations! I'll just have sit and hold the baby and rest my foot!! :-)

Re: Have To Tell My Good News!!!

Laurie R on 6/29/01 at 00:32 (051815)

Hi Donna , I am so happy for you ... Congradulations on your new grand baby girl .. Your right ,since you are in that much pain you can always ice and hold the bady and feed her. Thanks for sharing your wonderful news. Laurie R

Nancy S. on 6/29/01 at 01:15 (051820)

Congratulations, Donna! You sound so thrilled and this should be an excellent distraction from foot pain. I think I'm old enough to be a grandmother, but I settle for being thrilled about being a fairly new aunt (we're a bunch of really late bloomers in my family). Have a great time....
Nancy

Re: Newborn baby!

Clara on 6/29/01 at 09:15 (051848)

Hello! I am really happy for you! A newborn baby is absolutely the most fantastic thing in the world!
You say 'grandmother' but in Sweden we call it 'Mormor' = 'mothers-mother' or 'Farmor' = 'fathers-mother' .-)

Congrat´s!
Clara

Ps You really have hurt feet, and I´m sorry for you - level 9-10 PF - OUCH!! But I think that thru your post it sounds like you are a rather happy person, who´s not giving up! And the happy things in life CAN help!!! I am feeling a lot better now, I´m down on level 1-2, and it´s all because of the acupuncture - I hope you too are going to get well soon. D.s

Tammie on 6/29/01 at 11:50 (051864)

Oh how simply wonderful!!!!! Another life to enjoy!!!! I bet there is a smile a mile long form grandparents!!! I love the thought of the miracles of life! And they stay little for such a short time before they challenge us heheheheh! But always with love ! You enjoy and best wishes to the new family!I hope that this ray of sunshine lightenes the pain load that you must endure! Take care and hope to hear the second grandbaby arives safe and sound! Hugs friend!So nice to hear some happiness for you!

Paula A on 6/29/01 at 18:58 (051893)

Donna,

Many Blessings and congratulations! Enjoy your new Granddaughter!

Paula A

Re: Re Thank You All!!

Donna M on 6/29/01 at 21:44 (051916)

Thank you for your caring and nice comments! She is a beautiful little blessing and well worth the pain I'm having from pacing the floor waiting on her to make her grand entrance, while taking care of her big brother!! Of course I have seen her every day and she gets more precious with each time I see her!
Again thank you all for being so sweet!!

Donna (Nonna to my Grandbabies!)

Re: German Grandma's are called .....

Linda on 6/30/01 at 12:02 (051941)

German Grandma's are called Oma, my daughter lives in Germany and she has 5 children with another one on the way,
My grandchildren call me Oma.

Re: Congratulations! Donna!

Linda on 6/30/01 at 12:06 (051942)

Congratulations

Laurie R on 6/29/01 at 00:32 (051815)

Hi Donna , I am so happy for you ... Congradulations on your new grand baby girl .. Your right ,since you are in that much pain you can always ice and hold the bady and feed her. Thanks for sharing your wonderful news. Laurie R

Nancy S. on 6/29/01 at 01:15 (051820)

Congratulations, Donna! You sound so thrilled and this should be an excellent distraction from foot pain. I think I'm old enough to be a grandmother, but I settle for being thrilled about being a fairly new aunt (we're a bunch of really late bloomers in my family). Have a great time....
Nancy

Clara on 6/29/01 at 09:15 (051848)

Hello! I am really happy for you! A newborn baby is absolutely the most fantastic thing in the world!
You say 'grandmother' but in Sweden we call it 'Mormor' = 'mothers-mother' or 'Farmor' = 'fathers-mother' .-)

Congrat´s!
Clara

Ps You really have hurt feet, and I´m sorry for you - level 9-10 PF - OUCH!! But I think that thru your post it sounds like you are a rather happy person, who´s not giving up! And the happy things in life CAN help!!! I am feeling a lot better now, I´m down on level 1-2, and it´s all because of the acupuncture - I hope you too are going to get well soon. D.s

Tammie on 6/29/01 at 11:50 (051864)

Oh how simply wonderful!!!!! Another life to enjoy!!!! I bet there is a smile a mile long form grandparents!!! I love the thought of the miracles of life! And they stay little for such a short time before they challenge us heheheheh! But always with love ! You enjoy and best wishes to the new family!I hope that this ray of sunshine lightenes the pain load that you must endure! Take care and hope to hear the second grandbaby arives safe and sound! Hugs friend!So nice to hear some happiness for you!

Paula A on 6/29/01 at 18:58 (051893)

Donna,

Many Blessings and congratulations! Enjoy your new Granddaughter!

Paula A

Re: Re Thank You All!!

Donna M on 6/29/01 at 21:44 (051916)

Thank you for your caring and nice comments! She is a beautiful little blessing and well worth the pain I'm having from pacing the floor waiting on her to make her grand entrance, while taking care of her big brother!! Of course I have seen her every day and she gets more precious with each time I see her!
Again thank you all for being so sweet!!

Donna (Nonna to my Grandbabies!)

Re: German Grandma's are called .....

Linda on 6/30/01 at 12:02 (051941)

German Grandma's are called Oma, my daughter lives in Germany and she has 5 children with another one on the way,
My grandchildren call me Oma.

Re: Congratulations! Donna!

Linda on 6/30/01 at 12:06 (051942)

Congratulations