Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fibromitosis

Posted by Bernadette D on 6/29/01 at hrmin (051858)

I have been told by an Orthopoedic Surgeon that the tumor on the arch of my foot is plantar fibromitosis. I was told that surgery could result in the growth of many more of the tumors so it was not recommended unlesss the pain becomes severe. The tumor is still growing so I am sure that I will have to take action in the not too distant future. Is there any other treatment, like chemotherapy injections to shrink the tumor? Where can I read more about this? Thank you for any help you can provide.
Bernadette

Re: Plantar Fibromitosis

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/29/01 at 12:39 (051872)

You need to see either a podiatrist either an orthopedic doctor who understands the use of orthosis and injection therapy such as 4% alcohol
and or steriod injections.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/29/01 at 12:45 (051874)

You need to see either a podiatrist either an orthopedic doctor who understands the use of orthosis and injection therapy such as 4% alcohol

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054142)

I agree with Dr. Z. Injection therapy is the way to go.
I use injections of triamcinolone acetonide. Some colleagues add Wydase (temporarily of the market) to the injection in order to increase its' effectiveness.
Ed

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/29/01 at 12:39 (051872)

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/29/01 at 12:45 (051874)

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/24/01 at hrmin (054142)

I agree with Dr. Z. Injection therapy is the way to go.
I use injections of triamcinolone acetonide. Some colleagues add Wydase (temporarily of the market) to the injection in order to increase its' effectiveness.
Ed