Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Julie

Posted by tammie on 6/29/01 at 23:08 (051922)

Hi Julie, I just wanted to thank you for the ideas of talking to my pod! I did take a list on a paper , but I did not even open it,it stayed inmy purse as my pod had time today, to just talk and reassure me that things were going well with a bit of worry over the feelings in ankle he says he is aware of that and still can be healing nerves, but since I had a problem before the surgery with it he will watch and if in 4 weeks no progress he will look deeper into treating that, stated shots, pt,etc. But hopeful will heal before then! I must say if you read my other posts my pod was compassionate today whatever the reason I was happy for it as I was scared to tears! I did not want to hear any bad news, and although I did nto want to hear I was to be home for a bit longer, I was happy to hear that Yes I can have pain and yes he understands that people who cant see it dont understand that pain exsits! He talked with hubby and they chatted like they had been friends for years, and knew what was best for me and that hubby was in charge of keeping a eye on me so as that I dont over do it! I am so happy that I did write things down and got a chance to talk with you my friends it haelped calm my fears a bit! I feel like a panic before appointment and while I am there, I really get nervous,I am very relieved it is over! Oh yes he even told me to call him if I have any problems . I cant understand why he was so different? Do you think hubby being there , or do you think maybe he has been trying to get thru to this hard headed woman who does not WANT to hear what he says unless it is what she wants to hear? Lol whatever I am just happy that it is over for a bit and I can work on getting better! Thanks I wanted to thank you as I was afraid you would not see a thank u and I wanted u to know I appreciated the help and please stay with me till this is over heheheheheh! I am going to try to be real good now, and no more bad stuff as I do not want any of those shots!!!!!! And I do not want surgery either I had ENOUGH! Thanks again

Re: Tammie

Julie on 6/30/01 at 05:24 (051933)

Hi Tammie, and thanks for the thanks: I appreciate it.

I posted a message to you just now on the Surgery board to say how glad I was that your appointment went so well, plus stuff about work which I won't repeat.

I think your doctor was so different because you are different. Since you last saw him, you've become much better informed, and you've changed your attitude a lot - about him, about rushing back to work, about all sorts of things. I expect he could sense that, and so his response to the 'new you' was different. You were both more open, and the result was good, which is all that matters. Now you know that he understands and that you have his support, which is great, and I think that will make a big difference to you. You can stop worrying about it all and enjoy the summer.

I'm sure your husband's presence made a difference too. It's always a good idea to have someone with you on doctor visits, I think.

All the best, Julie

Re: Tammie

Julie on 6/30/01 at 05:24 (051933)

Hi Tammie, and thanks for the thanks: I appreciate it.

I posted a message to you just now on the Surgery board to say how glad I was that your appointment went so well, plus stuff about work which I won't repeat.

I think your doctor was so different because you are different. Since you last saw him, you've become much better informed, and you've changed your attitude a lot - about him, about rushing back to work, about all sorts of things. I expect he could sense that, and so his response to the 'new you' was different. You were both more open, and the result was good, which is all that matters. Now you know that he understands and that you have his support, which is great, and I think that will make a big difference to you. You can stop worrying about it all and enjoy the summer.

I'm sure your husband's presence made a difference too. It's always a good idea to have someone with you on doctor visits, I think.

All the best, Julie