Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

8 days post-op

Posted by Tina R. on 6/30/01 at 12:13 (051943)

I had an open PFR and TTR on 6-22. An orthopedic surgeon performed the procedures. With the exception of a bleeder that required a slightly larger incision to find and fix, the surgery went really well. I have been amazed at the very small amount of pain I have had. I have not put any weight on the foot, and have kept it elevated most of the time. I am using a walker to go to the restroom, but use a wheelchair for anything much farther. I found the walker much less bothersome than crutches. I realize a whole new world will open-up when I begin to use the foot again, but so far I am very pleased.

Re: 8 days post-op

Rhea L. on 7/08/01 at 19:34 (052487)

I had no pain to speak of at 8 days post-op.The pain came for me after the cast came off at 14 days post-op.My foot had to take all the weight that the cast had taken. I wish you well and keep it elevated and iced as much as possible.

Re: 8 days post-op

Rhea L. on 7/08/01 at 19:34 (052487)

I had no pain to speak of at 8 days post-op.The pain came for me after the cast came off at 14 days post-op.My foot had to take all the weight that the cast had taken. I wish you well and keep it elevated and iced as much as possible.