Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Physical Therapy

Posted by Regina Brown on 7/01/01 at 06:49 (051969)

Hi Dr.Zuckerman,
Thanks for your reply to me concerning the PT.Just to let you know,i didn't do any weight bearing stretches at my last session and my foot seemed to do just a little bit better,but it sure still can HURT some days esp.when I still try to do a big amt. of standing or walking on it yet.I would think that at approx. 8 weeks I should be starting to do just a little bit better than before as I have really been trying to do as I have been told by my dr.and you too haha.I sometimes wonder if my EPF surgery may have failed or I am doing something wrong someway.I have also been told by the Physical therapist that I should consider having some orthotics and some night splints made.Are they really helpful?!Thanks ever so much again and have a good trip! Regina

Re: Physical Therapy

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/01/01 at 07:04 (051970)

Tough to determine without an examination if it failed. Orthosis and or nite splint will help you. Are you still getting the limping pain when you first get up in the morning. ?? The healing time for EPF surgery is so different in each and every patient. Some will get better very quickly,
Some will take weeks, some will take months. some will take over six month.

Regina Brown on 7/01/01 at 08:54 (051976)

On my limping pain in the mornings,sometimes I will occasionally limp and a kind of 'weird' ankle discomfort--just kind of a little sharp pain.My heel will get really sore too whenever I have stood on it for a period of time for some reason and my arch is kind of feeling sore and have a slight pulling pain when I take a step sometimes.All my pain,etc.is dependent on how much I try to use my foot,if I try to use it a lot it really hurts and if I don't try to use it very much it seems to do somewhat ok.

Regina Brown on 7/01/01 at 09:16 (051977)

I forgot to add that I have some very bad hip pain on this side that the foot surgery was done and it sometimes will cause me to limp also when it is hurting badly. Could this hinder the foot from healing as it should somewhat?

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/01/01 at 07:04 (051970)

Tough to determine without an examination if it failed. Orthosis and or nite splint will help you. Are you still getting the limping pain when you first get up in the morning. ?? The healing time for EPF surgery is so different in each and every patient. Some will get better very quickly,
Some will take weeks, some will take months. some will take over six month.

Regina Brown on 7/01/01 at 08:54 (051976)

On my limping pain in the mornings,sometimes I will occasionally limp and a kind of 'weird' ankle discomfort--just kind of a little sharp pain.My heel will get really sore too whenever I have stood on it for a period of time for some reason and my arch is kind of feeling sore and have a slight pulling pain when I take a step sometimes.All my pain,etc.is dependent on how much I try to use my foot,if I try to use it a lot it really hurts and if I don't try to use it very much it seems to do somewhat ok.

Regina Brown on 7/01/01 at 09:16 (051977)

I forgot to add that I have some very bad hip pain on this side that the foot surgery was done and it sometimes will cause me to limp also when it is hurting badly. Could this hinder the foot from healing as it should somewhat?