Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

o.k. no run

Posted by Donna B. on 7/02/01 at 17:54 (052087)

Hi again, I want to thank you girls for talking with me. I have till next monday to decide whether to go back to work (been off for 11 months and no better) the way I am. Go for a complete plantar cut? Or go for retraining and I cant make up my mind what to do. What do you think about the operations success?

Re: o.k. no run

Tammie on 7/02/01 at 20:37 (052091)

Donna,
Hello I have been thinking weather I shoul say anything to you or not but here goes! I had the pf release and spur removal on april 17, about 11 weeks ago,I can say that allot is better, the surgery it self is a breeze not bad at all. It is the long recovery that has been hard so very hard for me!I love my job and cannot wait to get back with worries all the time about being pushed out and such not to mention I love my patients and really truly miss them!My dr. started out with telling me I would be in shoes within 10 days well a bit off a bout a week longer , in fact everything seemed a bit longer then he expected. He said I could return to work in 4 weeks well honey it is 11 and i wont be returning till Aug , and that is if he feels it is improved enough then! I do have some nerve problems he feels, but still has hope that they are going to be relieved in the healing phase. He said if no improvement next time will agressivly start treating with cortisone shot and pt and work from there. I am scared really scared as I dont know how long I can do this! I am just relieved he heard me and heard that there is pain still and the other things, but well I dont want to bore you with all of this my meaning is to let you know that SURGERY might be a longer process then you are aware of nothing is 100% or no two people are alike maybe you would be ok in a quick time but just wanted you to know it could be longer to. Have you checked into the ESWT? I have heard allot about that. Just check into all before the big decision, whatever you decide we will be here for you! Good luck and hope things work for you!

Donna B on 7/02/01 at 22:45 (052100)

Tammie, I already had Ossatron twice and no success. actually 4 times thats twice on each foot. I have no heel spurs. I know how recovery is though because before my 2 ossatrons I had 1 unsuccessful epf which was pretty lousy recovery. I had trouble standing for 1/2 hour after that surgery. Right now I am back where I started. I get pain after 1 hr.or 1 1/2 hrs at best and it just stays there until I get off my feet again. The pain may start in the arch or heel but by then its just the whole bottom of my feet hurting. Anyway guess what my job is? A grocery checker, constant standing!! And I am trying to get back to that. Its a good paying job with great benefits ,been there 12 yrs. Been off 11 months and nothing has worked and I am so afraid to make the wrong decision. I have now ruled out going back the way I am. That is not what I did all this for, to return in the same condition! I was supposed to get better and get back to work. So now I only have 2 choices. Go for the operation, or go for retraining? I am not sure that thats a job anyone would want who has even had a p.f. problem for fear of it coming back someday . What do you think? What kind of job do you have? I am 40 anyway, how old are the checkers checking out your groceries? Can I do that for another 15 or 20 yrs. hhmmmm

Tammie on 7/03/01 at hrmin (052121)

Donna,
I understand your feelings really I do, I am 41,soon lol, and I am a nurses aide,similar you see as we are on our feet to! I am sorry I really am sounds as you have wen tthe extra miles!!! I dont think I would try to tear the facia on purpose tho , that scares me about as much as the thought of anothersurgery for you!!!!Our checkers around us can be from very young to hm how do I say with out offending anyone but in any case older lol!I really dont know what to tell you as I am not very expieranced with this stuff myself , I am trying to get thru the first round lol!I am on my way to try and explain to empoyers now as to why I have to be off another month! When we are short staff also! Please what does your family hubby think? Email me if you like I do have to run as I am supposed to be there at 9:30 Talk later! It will work out ! Maybe there is a rainbow somewhere in this mess yet!

Re: sorry twice posted error came up so did again

Tammie on 7/03/01 at 08:11 (052123)

Hi

Tammie on 7/02/01 at 20:37 (052091)

Donna,
Hello I have been thinking weather I shoul say anything to you or not but here goes! I had the pf release and spur removal on april 17, about 11 weeks ago,I can say that allot is better, the surgery it self is a breeze not bad at all. It is the long recovery that has been hard so very hard for me!I love my job and cannot wait to get back with worries all the time about being pushed out and such not to mention I love my patients and really truly miss them!My dr. started out with telling me I would be in shoes within 10 days well a bit off a bout a week longer , in fact everything seemed a bit longer then he expected. He said I could return to work in 4 weeks well honey it is 11 and i wont be returning till Aug , and that is if he feels it is improved enough then! I do have some nerve problems he feels, but still has hope that they are going to be relieved in the healing phase. He said if no improvement next time will agressivly start treating with cortisone shot and pt and work from there. I am scared really scared as I dont know how long I can do this! I am just relieved he heard me and heard that there is pain still and the other things, but well I dont want to bore you with all of this my meaning is to let you know that SURGERY might be a longer process then you are aware of nothing is 100% or no two people are alike maybe you would be ok in a quick time but just wanted you to know it could be longer to. Have you checked into the ESWT? I have heard allot about that. Just check into all before the big decision, whatever you decide we will be here for you! Good luck and hope things work for you!

Donna B on 7/02/01 at 22:45 (052100)

Tammie, I already had Ossatron twice and no success. actually 4 times thats twice on each foot. I have no heel spurs. I know how recovery is though because before my 2 ossatrons I had 1 unsuccessful epf which was pretty lousy recovery. I had trouble standing for 1/2 hour after that surgery. Right now I am back where I started. I get pain after 1 hr.or 1 1/2 hrs at best and it just stays there until I get off my feet again. The pain may start in the arch or heel but by then its just the whole bottom of my feet hurting. Anyway guess what my job is? A grocery checker, constant standing!! And I am trying to get back to that. Its a good paying job with great benefits ,been there 12 yrs. Been off 11 months and nothing has worked and I am so afraid to make the wrong decision. I have now ruled out going back the way I am. That is not what I did all this for, to return in the same condition! I was supposed to get better and get back to work. So now I only have 2 choices. Go for the operation, or go for retraining? I am not sure that thats a job anyone would want who has even had a p.f. problem for fear of it coming back someday . What do you think? What kind of job do you have? I am 40 anyway, how old are the checkers checking out your groceries? Can I do that for another 15 or 20 yrs. hhmmmm

Tammie on 7/03/01 at hrmin (052121)

Donna,
I understand your feelings really I do, I am 41,soon lol, and I am a nurses aide,similar you see as we are on our feet to! I am sorry I really am sounds as you have wen tthe extra miles!!! I dont think I would try to tear the facia on purpose tho , that scares me about as much as the thought of anothersurgery for you!!!!Our checkers around us can be from very young to hm how do I say with out offending anyone but in any case older lol!I really dont know what to tell you as I am not very expieranced with this stuff myself , I am trying to get thru the first round lol!I am on my way to try and explain to empoyers now as to why I have to be off another month! When we are short staff also! Please what does your family hubby think? Email me if you like I do have to run as I am supposed to be there at 9:30 Talk later! It will work out ! Maybe there is a rainbow somewhere in this mess yet!

Re: sorry twice posted error came up so did again

Tammie on 7/03/01 at 08:11 (052123)

Hi