Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

******FRIENDS******

Posted by Denise D. on 7/03/01 at 23:46 (052172)

Hi to all,
Since I discovered this website, I have the feeling that good friendships have been born here. So, since I feel like one of the new kids on the block, can I play too?? You already know my name, I'm 46, married (20 years) and live in Texas, and have suffered with heel pain for 4 months. Which by the way, I never in my entire life thought I'd be having this to deal with.
I know that Julie is in Europe, and what a blessing she has been to me! Each time I have posted a question or concern she replys, and always with good advice. John, I get a kick out of your posts, and Laurie, what an inspiration you are! Bev, you've lifted me up when I've been down, and Mary what can I say....all that you've been through and your always helping others. There are too many of you to mention individually, but you all are the kind of friends everyone should have, always there, eager to listen and willing to help.
So to those of you who don't mind getting a little personal, it would would be nice to know where you are.
How many of you are here in Texas?? And wonder if there are support groups that meet in person once a month? Does anyone have information like that?
It would be so nice to have a place to go and SIT DOWN and talk one to another in person about our pain.
So until that happens, I'll just SIT HERE with my toys waiting for someone to come out and play.
Prayers to All,
Denise D.

Re: ******FRIENDS******

Stephanie S. on 7/04/01 at 01:52 (052178)

Of course you can join the play group...heel pain and all. I'm 32..marriad nearly 12 yrs...4 children..( 3 girls, 1 boy)...live in Alabama. Sorry your having this heel pain...but can tell ya..you've found the best site out there for information...and you couldn't ask for a better support group than here.

Everyone here is helpful, supportive and caring. A few are practical jokers....like John H. and ol'Bob.

If you'd like...you can email me anytime...love new friends..my email is boog89@home.com...aim buddy name is BoogGU.

Take care!
Steph

Re: To Steph Re: ******FRIENDS******

Denise D. on 7/04/01 at 02:10 (052180)

Hi Steph,
Thanks for replying. I really do feel like I have friends here.
I tried to sign in on AOL for the chat room, had a hard time finding a user name, then when I got one, I for some reason couldn't log on.
By the way, looks like your pulling a late-nighter like me!!! I'm just not sleepy, and plan on sleeping in tomorrow anyway.
What is your foot problem? I have a painful heelspur.
Glad to know your from Alabama, my husband and I vacationed there several years ago, its beautiful!!! Hope to go back someday, that is when I can walk pain free!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the e-mail address, will keep in touch.
Best wishes,
Denise

Re: TO Steph Re: E-Mail Address, ******FRIENDS******

Denise D. on 7/04/01 at 02:35 (052181)

I tried sending you an e-mail and it keeps coming back saying that the address is invalid. What's going on?
Denise

Laurie R on 7/04/01 at 03:42 (052182)

Hi Denise,
Let's see ,this is the second post I have tried to do . I was in the middle of the first one and I started chatting on the aol chat with Stephanie and Janet .... What a good time .Thank you ladies. Denise you are so welcome to join in .... The more the better... Yes you will have a ton of friends here. Please feel free to e-mail me anytime. I am getting a new email address on Friday ,for now my email address is angels1108@msn.com and my screen name is Sicilanmamma1108 that is the AIM on aol....

I have PF and tenosynivitis in my right foot and ankle ... I have had the PF for 2 years now . They also think I have CRPS which is a form of RSD ...

So when you get your aol all hookup join in on the chats ...Look forward to hearing from you Denise.
My very best to you ,Laurie R

Kay S on 7/04/01 at 08:54 (052191)

Welcome aboard, Denise! I live in Illinois, about 35 miles southwest of Chicago. We have four distinct seasons, each one with its own personality. Right now the sun is shining, the grass is lush and green, the flowers are blooming, gardens are beginning to produce vegetables, my clematis is HUGE and purple and almost reaches the roof, and I am getting ready to go to a picnic and watch a parade in the town where I have lived all my life. Everyone else might think the parade is too small and not flashy enough, but we love it because we know someone on every float! The local high school and grade school bands will march, and when they start to play 'mine eyes have seen the glory...............' we will all stand there silently, some with tears welling in our eyes, proud to live here in America where our freedom was won by vets who are celebrating in all fifty states today. Happy fourth of July!
Sometimes foot pain has to take a back seat.
Kay

john h on 7/04/01 at 11:02 (052202)

friends in deed denise. i live in little rock but my flying days had me living in Wichita Falls,Lubbock,San Antonio,Waco, and Harlingen. The people on the board who i have been fortunate enough to meet in person are even nicer than on the board. this is really the only board i have ever participated in to any extent. healing of any disease requires more than medicene has to offer. healing requires emotional support , knowledge, and people who will step up to the plate for you. you are at the right place for all these things.

john h on 7/04/01 at 11:06 (052203)

kay: having gone through high school in the northern suburbs (Highland Park) my memories are more of the january winds blowing in offf lake michigan down on michigan avenue and of course my beloved cubs and wrigley field. this is the year of the cubs kay!

Stephanie S. on 7/04/01 at 11:31 (052212)

Denise, I'm sorry....I looked back at my post...and looks like I kind of added the aim in on the email. Here's the email address again. It's boog89@home.com

Try sending again!
Steph

Re: TO Kay Re: ******FRIENDS******

Denise D. on 7/04/01 at 11:42 (052215)

Hi Kay,
Happy Fourth of July!!!
Your way to celebrate this great day in America sounds like fun to me.
I was raised in a small town, and so thats where my heart is.
I would much rather watch a small parade, where everyone knows eachother. Isn't it great to drive in the country where when you pass someone and wave they wave back!
We are going to my brothers house for a picnic, then going to the farm, where we will sit on our hill and watch the fireworks in the distance.
My brother always puts picnic tables in his gooseneck trailer, everyone climbs on board for the slow backroad ride into town to watch the fireworks, (I'm not sure if he's doing it this year or not), but it sure is fun!!!!!
Denise

Mary S. on 7/04/01 at 18:00 (052233)

Denise--It's Mary. I live in Mississippi. I'm 54 and have been teaching school for 32 years Fourth grade the majority of those years. I am married and have two grown step children. My sister lives in Houston, and I just love to go visit!! The shopping is great--just so much to do. One of my favorite places to ramble in Houston is 'Garden Ridge'. There is a litte bit of everything there. My favorite restaurant in Houston is, 'Ruggles',just wonderful! Are you familiar with these places? We have driven to San Antonio a few times and just loved The Mexican Market and The River Walk.
I agree that this board is just the greatest place and has the nicest, most caring people who never fail to give advice and lift the spirits.
It would be great to be able to sit down and visit with people who can relate, but it looks as if we are scattered here and there. I don't know of support groups that meet for our problems, but how nice it would be!
I hope you have had a nice Fourth of July and that all is well with you.
Let's stay well and keep in touch, my friend.

Re: ******FRIENDS****** Also in Texas

Beverly on 7/04/01 at 18:57 (052235)

Hi Densie,

My internet connection is hit and miss at the moment. It's working right now, but if no one hears from me for awhile, figure it's down again.

I'm in Texas. Dallas Fort Worth area.
Glad you're here.
I'm not aware of any support groups in the area. I went to a chronic pain support group but felt very out-of-place among people with MS, hideous conditions, and degerative backs.
Best wishes,
Beverly

wendyn on 7/04/01 at 19:54 (052240)

Denise - I'm a long way from you...I'm in Calgary Alberta Canada. I've been keeping up on this board for oh...oh my God I guess it would be 2 years now. Wow - that makes me feel like an old timer.

Ever hear of the Calgary Stampede?

Steve P on 7/04/01 at 19:57 (052241)

Hi Denise --- I'm here in Maryland & would love to have you as one of my nieces. There's only one qualification.....you have to call me Uncle Steve.

Cheers & best to you!

janet c. on 7/04/01 at 20:50 (052248)

Hi Steve,

I'm a little confused, and maybe you could help clarify the situation for me... just how did you come to be known as 'Uncle' Steve? I've noticed quite a few members of this group refer to you in that respect. I'm sure it must be derived from admiration of you, but perhaps you could explain how it originally came to be?

I hope that everyone has a fun and safe Independence Day!

Best wishes always,

Janet

Re: P.S.

janet c. on 7/04/01 at 21:08 (052249)

I'm around Los Angeles, in the Palos Verdes/Rolling Hills Estates area. It's beautiful here, I wish you folks could come to visit! 75 degrees and sunny year round!

Nancy N on 7/04/01 at 22:12 (052250)

Denise--

I'm in Central NJ, halfway between NYC and Philly--and about 40 minutes from Dr. Z's office.

Tammie on 7/04/01 at 22:27 (052251)

Hi and Welcome,
I am from Ohio ,I am 41, Have 3 Teen children lol, Boy 20,boy17,daughter who is 13! Been married 25 years this Dec. I have found this wonderful board in April of this year and to all of the wonderful people here I thank them from the bottom of my heart as they have resqued me more then once from myself lol! It is a great place and so very interesting!From knowledge to friendships!!!!! We laugh and we cry ! But it is a great bunch here! Nice to meet you, and also nice to learn more about everyone thru this chain!

Donna M on 7/04/01 at 23:58 (052255)

Hi, Denise D, I also am relatively new to this web site. I have learned so much from reading the posts by all the different people, and everyone is so nice.
I, like Stephanie, am from Alabama. I have been married for almost 31 years (in September!). I have two daughters, 27 and 24, a grandson that will be 3 this month, and two granddaughters, a 2 year old and an 8 day old. I also have another grandchild due in January. (My babies are my sunshine!!)
My hubby and I fulfilled our life-long dream 5 years ago and bought 17 acres, out of town and built a new house. He wanted horses and cows and I wanted cats, dogs, baby goats and any other kind of animal I could tame, plus privacy and no one in front, back or beside us!!
Everything was perfect and then I have to get PF!! What a pain! It hurts to walk down to our creek, but I do it sometimes!!
We bought matching 4 wheelers for our 27th anniversary, so I can at least ride around in the pasture if I can't walk it anymore!!
I've had PF for a year this month and it doesn't seem to be letting up any whatsoever. I've tried everything but surgery or ESWT. Just being able to come to this website and see how much pain the majority of the people are in, and then to read how others have overcome their pain or how it has lessened, really gives me faith and hope that at some point maybe I too can be one of the fortunate ones!
Guess I'll hush for now!! That's my life story!! LOL Maybe someday we will all have to pick a central point and everybody on heelspurs.com get together! That would be fun!!
If you ever need to talk, gripe, (lol) or anything, just email me!
Take Care, Donna

Re: How Uncle Steve Got His Name

Julie on 7/05/01 at 05:13 (052263)

Good question, Janet. I imagine lots of people have wondered about this. Funny how the origins of things get lost in the mists of time...

So gather round, friends, and I'll explain how Uncle Steve Got His Name. I was his very first niece, and I vividly recall how it happened.

It all began way back last autumn, with a post from Kevin, a young man of 17 who was desperate to continue running despite his newly-acquired PF. All us oldies on the board counselled him to be patient and rest, but he persisted in thinking that meant he could have a little rest and return to running next week or next month... you get the picture. Finally, Steve put him right with a kindly, avuncular post, and I said to Kevin, 'Please listen to Uncle Steve'.

Steve told me I was' such a good niece', and presto! - it caught on, with several others (female) asking to be nieces too. Of course dear Steve welcomed them, and now he has quite a brood of nieces all over the country (the world, actually, if you include me, which you must, of course, as I was the first niece).

So there it is. I expect Uncle Steve has plenty more capacity for welcoming nieces - and even nephews. I don't think he has any of those yet, do you, Steve?

nancy s. on 7/05/01 at 06:04 (052264)

jule, i believe that dr. z became uncle steve's first and, so far, only nephew.
from nancy, i think the second or third niece (judy will probably fight me for this position -- come on, judy, i'm ready for ya!)

Julie on 7/05/01 at 09:41 (052278)

Gosh Nancy, you're right! I'd forgotten about Dr Z.

If memory serves me I think you and Judy were neck and neck in the niece race.

How's your shoulder?

nancy s. on 7/05/01 at 10:00 (052280)

oh julie, you;ll be sorry u asked, but the shoulder is rotten. i fear that this coming after 2 years of foot pain -- my spirits arent taking it well. i feel stalked or something! thank u for thinking of me. i still read the board and keep up w how friends are doing, and the nice newer folks too.

Re: Thanks, Julie!

Steve P on 7/05/01 at 20:16 (052311)

Julie -- That's an accurate account of my unclehood, to be sure.

The funny thing is, after all that, I still don't know whether young Kevin ever listened to me or not!

:>)

Re: Kevin

Julie on 7/06/01 at 05:22 (052326)

Steve, as far as I can recall, he posted a couple of months later saying he was better and had started running again. We haven't heard from him since.

Kevin, if you're listening, do let us know how you are!

nancy s. on 7/09/01 at 02:42 (052516)

hi denise, i know this thread is several days old now but thought i'd throw in a few bits. i'm in maine, grew up in upstate new york. my husband and i drove through texas on the way to mexico last january -- first time for me -- and wow, what a long state, no matter which way you're going! i've been on heelspurs.com since december 1999, eight months after first getting pf; it's helped me more than i could ever say. welcome, welcome, welcome!
say, is this the thread where john h wrote about using hair cream so thick that his hair wouldn't move in a hurricane? i would like to see that.
goodnight now!
nancy

Re: Hi Nancy Re: ******FRIENDS******

Denise D. on 7/09/01 at 16:02 (052567)

Thanks for the post. Yes Texas is a big place!!! Hope you saw the scenic areas, it can be pretty boring in some parts, like West Texas. The Hill Country is nice and also East Texas.
I've never been to Maine but hope to visit there someday. I've been to Up state NY and loved it, at the time I had relatives living there and we drove up for a visit, it was north of Binghamton, a small town called Greene. We also went on up to Niagra Falls and Canada on that trip, talk about a long drive!!!!!
All the best,
Denise D.

Stephanie S. on 7/04/01 at 01:52 (052178)

Of course you can join the play group...heel pain and all. I'm 32..marriad nearly 12 yrs...4 children..( 3 girls, 1 boy)...live in Alabama. Sorry your having this heel pain...but can tell ya..you've found the best site out there for information...and you couldn't ask for a better support group than here.

Everyone here is helpful, supportive and caring. A few are practical jokers....like John H. and ol'Bob.

If you'd like...you can email me anytime...love new friends..my email is boog89@home.com...aim buddy name is BoogGU.

Take care!
Steph

Re: To Steph Re: ******FRIENDS******

Denise D. on 7/04/01 at 02:10 (052180)

Hi Steph,
Thanks for replying. I really do feel like I have friends here.
I tried to sign in on AOL for the chat room, had a hard time finding a user name, then when I got one, I for some reason couldn't log on.
By the way, looks like your pulling a late-nighter like me!!! I'm just not sleepy, and plan on sleeping in tomorrow anyway.
What is your foot problem? I have a painful heelspur.
Glad to know your from Alabama, my husband and I vacationed there several years ago, its beautiful!!! Hope to go back someday, that is when I can walk pain free!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the e-mail address, will keep in touch.
Best wishes,
Denise

Re: TO Steph Re: E-Mail Address, ******FRIENDS******

Denise D. on 7/04/01 at 02:35 (052181)

I tried sending you an e-mail and it keeps coming back saying that the address is invalid. What's going on?
Denise

Laurie R on 7/04/01 at 03:42 (052182)

Hi Denise,
Let's see ,this is the second post I have tried to do . I was in the middle of the first one and I started chatting on the aol chat with Stephanie and Janet .... What a good time .Thank you ladies. Denise you are so welcome to join in .... The more the better... Yes you will have a ton of friends here. Please feel free to e-mail me anytime. I am getting a new email address on Friday ,for now my email address is angels1108@msn.com and my screen name is Sicilanmamma1108 that is the AIM on aol....

I have PF and tenosynivitis in my right foot and ankle ... I have had the PF for 2 years now . They also think I have CRPS which is a form of RSD ...

So when you get your aol all hookup join in on the chats ...Look forward to hearing from you Denise.
My very best to you ,Laurie R

Kay S on 7/04/01 at 08:54 (052191)

Welcome aboard, Denise! I live in Illinois, about 35 miles southwest of Chicago. We have four distinct seasons, each one with its own personality. Right now the sun is shining, the grass is lush and green, the flowers are blooming, gardens are beginning to produce vegetables, my clematis is HUGE and purple and almost reaches the roof, and I am getting ready to go to a picnic and watch a parade in the town where I have lived all my life. Everyone else might think the parade is too small and not flashy enough, but we love it because we know someone on every float! The local high school and grade school bands will march, and when they start to play 'mine eyes have seen the glory...............' we will all stand there silently, some with tears welling in our eyes, proud to live here in America where our freedom was won by vets who are celebrating in all fifty states today. Happy fourth of July!
Sometimes foot pain has to take a back seat.
Kay

john h on 7/04/01 at 11:02 (052202)

friends in deed denise. i live in little rock but my flying days had me living in Wichita Falls,Lubbock,San Antonio,Waco, and Harlingen. The people on the board who i have been fortunate enough to meet in person are even nicer than on the board. this is really the only board i have ever participated in to any extent. healing of any disease requires more than medicene has to offer. healing requires emotional support , knowledge, and people who will step up to the plate for you. you are at the right place for all these things.

john h on 7/04/01 at 11:06 (052203)

kay: having gone through high school in the northern suburbs (Highland Park) my memories are more of the january winds blowing in offf lake michigan down on michigan avenue and of course my beloved cubs and wrigley field. this is the year of the cubs kay!

Stephanie S. on 7/04/01 at 11:31 (052212)

Denise, I'm sorry....I looked back at my post...and looks like I kind of added the aim in on the email. Here's the email address again. It's boog89@home.com

Try sending again!
Steph

Re: TO Kay Re: ******FRIENDS******

Denise D. on 7/04/01 at 11:42 (052215)

Hi Kay,
Happy Fourth of July!!!
Your way to celebrate this great day in America sounds like fun to me.
I was raised in a small town, and so thats where my heart is.
I would much rather watch a small parade, where everyone knows eachother. Isn't it great to drive in the country where when you pass someone and wave they wave back!
We are going to my brothers house for a picnic, then going to the farm, where we will sit on our hill and watch the fireworks in the distance.
My brother always puts picnic tables in his gooseneck trailer, everyone climbs on board for the slow backroad ride into town to watch the fireworks, (I'm not sure if he's doing it this year or not), but it sure is fun!!!!!
Denise

Mary S. on 7/04/01 at 18:00 (052233)

Denise--It's Mary. I live in Mississippi. I'm 54 and have been teaching school for 32 years Fourth grade the majority of those years. I am married and have two grown step children. My sister lives in Houston, and I just love to go visit!! The shopping is great--just so much to do. One of my favorite places to ramble in Houston is 'Garden Ridge'. There is a litte bit of everything there. My favorite restaurant in Houston is, 'Ruggles',just wonderful! Are you familiar with these places? We have driven to San Antonio a few times and just loved The Mexican Market and The River Walk.
I agree that this board is just the greatest place and has the nicest, most caring people who never fail to give advice and lift the spirits.
It would be great to be able to sit down and visit with people who can relate, but it looks as if we are scattered here and there. I don't know of support groups that meet for our problems, but how nice it would be!
I hope you have had a nice Fourth of July and that all is well with you.
Let's stay well and keep in touch, my friend.

Re: ******FRIENDS****** Also in Texas

Beverly on 7/04/01 at 18:57 (052235)

Hi Densie,

My internet connection is hit and miss at the moment. It's working right now, but if no one hears from me for awhile, figure it's down again.

I'm in Texas. Dallas Fort Worth area.
Glad you're here.
I'm not aware of any support groups in the area. I went to a chronic pain support group but felt very out-of-place among people with MS, hideous conditions, and degerative backs.
Best wishes,
Beverly

wendyn on 7/04/01 at 19:54 (052240)

Denise - I'm a long way from you...I'm in Calgary Alberta Canada. I've been keeping up on this board for oh...oh my God I guess it would be 2 years now. Wow - that makes me feel like an old timer.

Ever hear of the Calgary Stampede?

Steve P on 7/04/01 at 19:57 (052241)

Hi Denise --- I'm here in Maryland & would love to have you as one of my nieces. There's only one qualification.....you have to call me Uncle Steve.

Cheers & best to you!

janet c. on 7/04/01 at 20:50 (052248)

Hi Steve,

I'm a little confused, and maybe you could help clarify the situation for me... just how did you come to be known as 'Uncle' Steve? I've noticed quite a few members of this group refer to you in that respect. I'm sure it must be derived from admiration of you, but perhaps you could explain how it originally came to be?

I hope that everyone has a fun and safe Independence Day!

Best wishes always,

Janet

Re: P.S.

janet c. on 7/04/01 at 21:08 (052249)

I'm around Los Angeles, in the Palos Verdes/Rolling Hills Estates area. It's beautiful here, I wish you folks could come to visit! 75 degrees and sunny year round!

Nancy N on 7/04/01 at 22:12 (052250)

Denise--

I'm in Central NJ, halfway between NYC and Philly--and about 40 minutes from Dr. Z's office.

Tammie on 7/04/01 at 22:27 (052251)

Hi and Welcome,
I am from Ohio ,I am 41, Have 3 Teen children lol, Boy 20,boy17,daughter who is 13! Been married 25 years this Dec. I have found this wonderful board in April of this year and to all of the wonderful people here I thank them from the bottom of my heart as they have resqued me more then once from myself lol! It is a great place and so very interesting!From knowledge to friendships!!!!! We laugh and we cry ! But it is a great bunch here! Nice to meet you, and also nice to learn more about everyone thru this chain!

Donna M on 7/04/01 at 23:58 (052255)

Hi, Denise D, I also am relatively new to this web site. I have learned so much from reading the posts by all the different people, and everyone is so nice.
I, like Stephanie, am from Alabama. I have been married for almost 31 years (in September!). I have two daughters, 27 and 24, a grandson that will be 3 this month, and two granddaughters, a 2 year old and an 8 day old. I also have another grandchild due in January. (My babies are my sunshine!!)
My hubby and I fulfilled our life-long dream 5 years ago and bought 17 acres, out of town and built a new house. He wanted horses and cows and I wanted cats, dogs, baby goats and any other kind of animal I could tame, plus privacy and no one in front, back or beside us!!
Everything was perfect and then I have to get PF!! What a pain! It hurts to walk down to our creek, but I do it sometimes!!
We bought matching 4 wheelers for our 27th anniversary, so I can at least ride around in the pasture if I can't walk it anymore!!
I've had PF for a year this month and it doesn't seem to be letting up any whatsoever. I've tried everything but surgery or ESWT. Just being able to come to this website and see how much pain the majority of the people are in, and then to read how others have overcome their pain or how it has lessened, really gives me faith and hope that at some point maybe I too can be one of the fortunate ones!
Guess I'll hush for now!! That's my life story!! LOL Maybe someday we will all have to pick a central point and everybody on heelspurs.com get together! That would be fun!!
If you ever need to talk, gripe, (lol) or anything, just email me!
Take Care, Donna

Julie on 7/05/01 at 05:13 (052263)

Good question, Janet. I imagine lots of people have wondered about this. Funny how the origins of things get lost in the mists of time...

So gather round, friends, and I'll explain how Uncle Steve Got His Name. I was his very first niece, and I vividly recall how it happened.

It all began way back last autumn, with a post from Kevin, a young man of 17 who was desperate to continue running despite his newly-acquired PF. All us oldies on the board counselled him to be patient and rest, but he persisted in thinking that meant he could have a little rest and return to running next week or next month... you get the picture. Finally, Steve put him right with a kindly, avuncular post, and I said to Kevin, 'Please listen to Uncle Steve'.

Steve told me I was' such a good niece', and presto! - it caught on, with several others (female) asking to be nieces too. Of course dear Steve welcomed them, and now he has quite a brood of nieces all over the country (the world, actually, if you include me, which you must, of course, as I was the first niece).

So there it is. I expect Uncle Steve has plenty more capacity for welcoming nieces - and even nephews. I don't think he has any of those yet, do you, Steve?

nancy s. on 7/05/01 at 06:04 (052264)

jule, i believe that dr. z became uncle steve's first and, so far, only nephew.
from nancy, i think the second or third niece (judy will probably fight me for this position -- come on, judy, i'm ready for ya!)

Julie on 7/05/01 at 09:41 (052278)

Gosh Nancy, you're right! I'd forgotten about Dr Z.

If memory serves me I think you and Judy were neck and neck in the niece race.

How's your shoulder?

nancy s. on 7/05/01 at 10:00 (052280)

oh julie, you;ll be sorry u asked, but the shoulder is rotten. i fear that this coming after 2 years of foot pain -- my spirits arent taking it well. i feel stalked or something! thank u for thinking of me. i still read the board and keep up w how friends are doing, and the nice newer folks too.

Re: Thanks, Julie!

Steve P on 7/05/01 at 20:16 (052311)

Julie -- That's an accurate account of my unclehood, to be sure.

The funny thing is, after all that, I still don't know whether young Kevin ever listened to me or not!

:>)

Re: Kevin

Julie on 7/06/01 at 05:22 (052326)

Steve, as far as I can recall, he posted a couple of months later saying he was better and had started running again. We haven't heard from him since.

Kevin, if you're listening, do let us know how you are!

nancy s. on 7/09/01 at 02:42 (052516)

hi denise, i know this thread is several days old now but thought i'd throw in a few bits. i'm in maine, grew up in upstate new york. my husband and i drove through texas on the way to mexico last january -- first time for me -- and wow, what a long state, no matter which way you're going! i've been on heelspurs.com since december 1999, eight months after first getting pf; it's helped me more than i could ever say. welcome, welcome, welcome!
say, is this the thread where john h wrote about using hair cream so thick that his hair wouldn't move in a hurricane? i would like to see that.
goodnight now!
nancy

Re: Hi Nancy Re: ******FRIENDS******

Denise D. on 7/09/01 at 16:02 (052567)

Thanks for the post. Yes Texas is a big place!!! Hope you saw the scenic areas, it can be pretty boring in some parts, like West Texas. The Hill Country is nice and also East Texas.
I've never been to Maine but hope to visit there someday. I've been to Up state NY and loved it, at the time I had relatives living there and we drove up for a visit, it was north of Binghamton, a small town called Greene. We also went on up to Niagra Falls and Canada on that trip, talk about a long drive!!!!!
All the best,
Denise D.