Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Duke Med Pain Clinic recommends Galvanic Stimulator

Posted by Dan L on 7/04/01 at hrmin (052192)

I've been prescribed two galvanic stimulators (I have bilateral PF) that I'm told fits under your socks or is worn like a sock. Can anyone clarify this? Surfing the web shows these to be very expensive. But these web searches show nothing about how they are used (or worn) for feet. I have my doubts about BC/BS insurance paying for these. Have you heard anything about these for chronic foot (feet!) pain? Thanks! Dan in SC

Re: Duke Med Pain Clinic recommends Galvanic Stimulator

Dr. Ed Davis on 7/19/01 at 14:03 (053735)

You have been prescribed a modality to 'manage pain.' That is okay but, what is the cause of the pain? Have you been provided a diagnosis?

Dr. Ed Davis on 7/19/01 at 14:07 (053737)

Looked at your post too quickly missing the 'PF' for plantar fasciitis.
Pain control can be a good thing but it is far more important to treat the underlying cause of the pain, particularly if that cause is amenable to treatment. What has been done to treat your plantar fasciitis so far?

Dr. Ed Davis on 7/19/01 at 14:03 (053735)

You have been prescribed a modality to 'manage pain.' That is okay but, what is the cause of the pain? Have you been provided a diagnosis?

Dr. Ed Davis on 7/19/01 at 14:07 (053737)

Looked at your post too quickly missing the 'PF' for plantar fasciitis.
Pain control can be a good thing but it is far more important to treat the underlying cause of the pain, particularly if that cause is amenable to treatment. What has been done to treat your plantar fasciitis so far?