Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

policemans heel

Posted by gren.b. on 7/04/01 at hrmin (052228)

can anyone give me information on the condition known as policemans heel,e.g.cause and treatment, if possible i would be most grateful

Re: policemans heel

Julie on 7/04/01 at 16:48 (052229)

I believe Policeman's Heel is the very condition that this website is all about, Gren: plantar fasciitis. For information about causes (one of which can be jobs that require one to stand and walk a great deal) and treatment read the heel pain book here.

Do you have it? You'll find heelspurs. com a great help, as we all have.

Dr.Biehler on 7/06/01 at 18:41 (052376)

I have not heard the term policemans heel before. It makes me think of the time when policemen walked a beat. Do to the type of shoes they wore, there was not alot of cushioning in the heels and after a time they would develope sore heels. I think was do to the repetative pounding on their heels which would cause an inflamed periostium on their heel bone. The answer was to use more cushioning in the heels. There was developed a heel called the sach heel that went on the shoe and absorbed most of the shock that the heel experiances at heel strike. Dr. Biehler

Julie on 7/04/01 at 16:48 (052229)

I believe Policeman's Heel is the very condition that this website is all about, Gren: plantar fasciitis. For information about causes (one of which can be jobs that require one to stand and walk a great deal) and treatment read the heel pain book here.

Do you have it? You'll find heelspurs. com a great help, as we all have.

Dr.Biehler on 7/06/01 at 18:41 (052376)

I have not heard the term policemans heel before. It makes me think of the time when policemen walked a beat. Do to the type of shoes they wore, there was not alot of cushioning in the heels and after a time they would develope sore heels. I think was do to the repetative pounding on their heels which would cause an inflamed periostium on their heel bone. The answer was to use more cushioning in the heels. There was developed a heel called the sach heel that went on the shoe and absorbed most of the shock that the heel experiances at heel strike. Dr. Biehler