Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Jade is helping me!

Posted by Paula A on 7/05/01 at hrmin (052282)

After 7 months of constant foot pain (heel, metarsal,side of foot and ankle) I am finally
finding relief..I use the Jade once a day and for the first couple of days my pain level
stayed the same, then I had a very bad night of pain on Monday night..Kept me awake
all night and when I got up I expected the pain to hit me in the face some more but
amazingly it didn't. I got ready and went to work, still expecting the blast of pain to hit
me as the day went on but again it didn't..It is now Thursday and my pain levels are
very low..I've been active throughout this time period since I am a restless character
anyway, so I am a very happy camper!

My ankle is still swelling and my toes are still stiff, but very little pain, so I'll keep using
what works, the Jade and see if those things resolve as much as the pain has..

Thank you Dr Chris for allowing me into the trial and for introducing the Jade to us..

Paula A

Re: Jade is helping me!

Mary Ann S on 7/05/01 at 19:23 (052310)

HI, this is how I felt during the first week of using the Jade. It is amazing to not have the pain and keep waiting for it and it doesn't happen. I still don't have the usual pain and also less swelling in my ankle. I have some aching in the arch that hasen't changed. Hope it keeps working for you.

Linda C on 7/06/01 at 08:01 (052333)

Fantastic news! Glad the Jade appears to work for you....I am too late for the Jade trial, so I ordered my own supply from Dr. Reynolds.....should arrive next week sometime - I hope.
Typically, how much Jade do you apply to your foot. Do you rub in around the sole of your foot over the PF pain area...or all over the foot? Do you ever rub it over the achilles area or your ankle?

Re: Using Jade

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/06/01 at hrmin (052336)

My basic rule is find the point(s) of greatest tenderness and rub in a smidgen. My dictionary defines that as 'a very small amount'. If you're using more, you're wasting it because the responses in most if not all of the clinical applications in which I've used it do not appear to be dose related. In other words you get the same effect from a small or large amount, so don't waste your money. Once a day is also usually enough.
Basically, aim for the main pain.

Julie on 7/06/01 at 08:45 (052340)

Hi Chris

Following the smidgin rule, and using Jade faithfully every day (and twice a day on holiday) for a month, my first tube is still at least half full. Generous!

As you know, my heel pain was virtually gone before the trial began, and my hope for Jade was that it would dispel the last lingering twinges of evening pain after a long day on my feet. (Even since it has been 95% better, there has always been some pain - level 1-2- in the evening after a hike, or a day's walking and standing.) It does seem to have done the trick: I was fine in Paris in the evenings, and since we came home two weeks ago I have had NO pain. I was still using tape and/or an ankle brace for a day on my feet but decided on our last couple of excursions to see how I got on without, and I've been fine. The next 'test' will come on Monday, when I start teaching again, and have two classes with a long walk in between. I have a feeling it will be ok. So - thank you.

john h on 7/06/01 at 14:06 (052366)

smidgen is the same as a dab! like the brylcream add 'a little dab will do you'!

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/06/01 at hrmin (052374)

Julie, good luck. I hope it continues to work for you.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/06/01 at hrmin (052375)

Like dab est thing is a smidgen (gin)?

Julie on 7/07/01 at 01:37 (052388)

Remember the next line of that commercial? 'The gals'll all pursue ya'.

Paula A on 7/07/01 at hrmin (052422)

Mary Ann,

Thanks for the good wishes, I appreciate your reply and
I am glad you are doing so well with the Jade also.

I've been feeling a lot better foot-wise but my ankle
is still swollen so I am now concentrating my smidgen
of Jade on that area now..

Have a great day!

Paula

Paula A on 7/07/01 at hrmin (052424)

Linda,

Thank you, it is exciting to get some relief from the pain.

I see Dr Chris already answered you about how much to use
and on the most painful place. I had trouble at first figuring
out where that place was as my whole foot hurt but I ended
up putting it on my heel at first. Now I am concentrating a
very small amount on my ankle..

I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me..

Thanks again for your reply..

Paula

DebbieH on 7/07/01 at hrmin (052425)

Please tell me..........what is jade? I am experiencing extreme heel pain and would love to find a cure that is non-surgical in nature. Any thoughts you can give me would be appreciated.
Thank you,

Debbie H

Re: To Debbie H

Paula A on 7/07/01 at hrmin (052427)

Debbie,

First I am sorry you are in so much pain, been there, done
that, so I sympathize..

Jade 168 is a balm that you apply topically to the painful
area in very small amounts. Go to http://jadepage.com
and you can read all about it.

It has helped quite a few of us on the board but individual
results may vary. It is certainly worth a good try as there are
no side effects..Some people respond right away and others
take longer and some have no results. I am one of those who
has responded quickly..I went from an 8 pain level to around
a 2 pain level so I am certainly happy with it..

Paula

Deborah D on 7/08/01 at 20:22 (052494)

what is jade and does it really help with achillies tendons

Re: Using Jade - some questions?

Cynthia D on 7/08/01 at 22:10 (052501)

Hi everyone! It's great to see that some of us are getting some relief from Jade. Mary Ann, Julie and Paula. I have tried it for 10 days, no big change yet, but remain ever optomostic. I have a question about the amount to use. I find my feet are so very 'dry' from being in socks/orthotics/sneakers continuously since January when I discovered this site, that the Jade can't penetrate my 'plastic' feeling skin unless I use a large amount, and the pain area is so great as well. Also I'm putting it on my ankles on both sides as they are very swollen. Does anyone else have this problem? I use a pedicure tool often to try to keep the skin soft and I generously apply cream before sleeping (after the Jade).

Does anyone else just figure they will live their lives and 'the foot pain be damned?' I keep trying to get away from it, but this awful pain keeps me in it's grip! Every time it's better, it comes back with force!

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/09/01 at hrmin (052521)

Jade often helps with Achilles tendonitis as it does with shin splints. Same principle applies, apply a little once a day and let it do its work.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/09/01 at hrmin (052522)

I think you are probably wasting it applying so much. If you can't locate the point of maximum pain, it's often a good idea to get someone to gently press around the area until they locate the sorest point for you, just as your doctor does when he examines you.

JudyS on 7/09/01 at 14:03 (052554)

get Dr. Z to find that sore spot....he's REALLY good at it! :)

Mary Ann S on 7/05/01 at 19:23 (052310)

HI, this is how I felt during the first week of using the Jade. It is amazing to not have the pain and keep waiting for it and it doesn't happen. I still don't have the usual pain and also less swelling in my ankle. I have some aching in the arch that hasen't changed. Hope it keeps working for you.

Linda C on 7/06/01 at 08:01 (052333)

Fantastic news! Glad the Jade appears to work for you....I am too late for the Jade trial, so I ordered my own supply from Dr. Reynolds.....should arrive next week sometime - I hope.
Typically, how much Jade do you apply to your foot. Do you rub in around the sole of your foot over the PF pain area...or all over the foot? Do you ever rub it over the achilles area or your ankle?

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/06/01 at hrmin (052336)

My basic rule is find the point(s) of greatest tenderness and rub in a smidgen. My dictionary defines that as 'a very small amount'. If you're using more, you're wasting it because the responses in most if not all of the clinical applications in which I've used it do not appear to be dose related. In other words you get the same effect from a small or large amount, so don't waste your money. Once a day is also usually enough.
Basically, aim for the main pain.

Julie on 7/06/01 at 08:45 (052340)

Hi Chris

Following the smidgin rule, and using Jade faithfully every day (and twice a day on holiday) for a month, my first tube is still at least half full. Generous!

As you know, my heel pain was virtually gone before the trial began, and my hope for Jade was that it would dispel the last lingering twinges of evening pain after a long day on my feet. (Even since it has been 95% better, there has always been some pain - level 1-2- in the evening after a hike, or a day's walking and standing.) It does seem to have done the trick: I was fine in Paris in the evenings, and since we came home two weeks ago I have had NO pain. I was still using tape and/or an ankle brace for a day on my feet but decided on our last couple of excursions to see how I got on without, and I've been fine. The next 'test' will come on Monday, when I start teaching again, and have two classes with a long walk in between. I have a feeling it will be ok. So - thank you.

john h on 7/06/01 at 14:06 (052366)

smidgen is the same as a dab! like the brylcream add 'a little dab will do you'!

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/06/01 at hrmin (052374)

Julie, good luck. I hope it continues to work for you.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/06/01 at hrmin (052375)

Like dab est thing is a smidgen (gin)?

Julie on 7/07/01 at 01:37 (052388)

Remember the next line of that commercial? 'The gals'll all pursue ya'.

Paula A on 7/07/01 at hrmin (052422)

Mary Ann,

Thanks for the good wishes, I appreciate your reply and
I am glad you are doing so well with the Jade also.

I've been feeling a lot better foot-wise but my ankle
is still swollen so I am now concentrating my smidgen
of Jade on that area now..

Have a great day!

Paula

Paula A on 7/07/01 at hrmin (052424)

Linda,

Thank you, it is exciting to get some relief from the pain.

I see Dr Chris already answered you about how much to use
and on the most painful place. I had trouble at first figuring
out where that place was as my whole foot hurt but I ended
up putting it on my heel at first. Now I am concentrating a
very small amount on my ankle..

I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me..

Thanks again for your reply..

Paula

DebbieH on 7/07/01 at hrmin (052425)

Please tell me..........what is jade? I am experiencing extreme heel pain and would love to find a cure that is non-surgical in nature. Any thoughts you can give me would be appreciated.
Thank you,

Debbie H

Re: To Debbie H

Paula A on 7/07/01 at hrmin (052427)

Debbie,

First I am sorry you are in so much pain, been there, done
that, so I sympathize..

Jade 168 is a balm that you apply topically to the painful
area in very small amounts. Go to http://jadepage.com
and you can read all about it.

It has helped quite a few of us on the board but individual
results may vary. It is certainly worth a good try as there are
no side effects..Some people respond right away and others
take longer and some have no results. I am one of those who
has responded quickly..I went from an 8 pain level to around
a 2 pain level so I am certainly happy with it..

Paula

Deborah D on 7/08/01 at 20:22 (052494)

what is jade and does it really help with achillies tendons

Cynthia D on 7/08/01 at 22:10 (052501)

Hi everyone! It's great to see that some of us are getting some relief from Jade. Mary Ann, Julie and Paula. I have tried it for 10 days, no big change yet, but remain ever optomostic. I have a question about the amount to use. I find my feet are so very 'dry' from being in socks/orthotics/sneakers continuously since January when I discovered this site, that the Jade can't penetrate my 'plastic' feeling skin unless I use a large amount, and the pain area is so great as well. Also I'm putting it on my ankles on both sides as they are very swollen. Does anyone else have this problem? I use a pedicure tool often to try to keep the skin soft and I generously apply cream before sleeping (after the Jade).

Does anyone else just figure they will live their lives and 'the foot pain be damned?' I keep trying to get away from it, but this awful pain keeps me in it's grip! Every time it's better, it comes back with force!

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/09/01 at hrmin (052521)

Jade often helps with Achilles tendonitis as it does with shin splints. Same principle applies, apply a little once a day and let it do its work.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 7/09/01 at hrmin (052522)

I think you are probably wasting it applying so much. If you can't locate the point of maximum pain, it's often a good idea to get someone to gently press around the area until they locate the sorest point for you, just as your doctor does when he examines you.

JudyS on 7/09/01 at 14:03 (052554)

get Dr. Z to find that sore spot....he's REALLY good at it! :)