Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by john h on 7/05/01 at 14:20 (052298)

does the 'view messages posted since last visit' work for anyone?

Re: messages

Debbye T. on 7/05/01 at 15:26 (052300)

No, it hasn't worked for me, John.

Julie on 7/05/01 at 16:02 (052301)

It always has, John, except for a day last week when it didn't, and then returned to normal.

wendyn on 7/05/01 at 18:43 (052302)

Always works for me - are you deleting your 'cookies?'

john h on 7/06/01 at 08:23 (052335)

unbelievable! my view messages posted since last visit has not worked in 3 months. this morning it is working fine! i did not change a thing on the computer. just another one of life's mysteries!

Julie on 7/06/01 at 08:36 (052337)

Perhaps it got embarrassed when it found out that all the other computers were doing their stuff...

john h on 7/06/01 at 13:53 (052362)

i crowed to soon! my office computer works fine on 'new messages'.
my computer at home still want let me use that feature. both are MAC's running the same software.

Re: for Nancy N

john h on 7/06/01 at 14:01 (052363)

nancy i have not deleted cookies but suspect that in my Explorer preferences i must have something different than on my computer at office. any more ideas. i will look monday and write down my preferences at office and compare.

Nancy N on 7/06/01 at 22:16 (052384)

John--

No ideas off the top of my head, though it's pretty late for ideas tonight anyway :) I don't use the View Messages feature since I read on multiple computers, so I'm not sure about that, either--and I still use Netscape, though I suspect that Explorer is faster for the web (but since I use Netscape for mail, it's generally easier to stick with it).

If anything occurs to me, I'll let you know. Might be your cookie file, but if you copy it from one machine to another, be sure to save the old file in case something doesn't work. I'm not familiar with the finer points of cookies, but Scott might be able to help you with those. I'm sure it has something to do with that file, though.

Gee, not much help this time, am I? Sorry about that--I'll see what I can come up with.

Debbye T. on 7/05/01 at 15:26 (052300)

No, it hasn't worked for me, John.

Julie on 7/05/01 at 16:02 (052301)

It always has, John, except for a day last week when it didn't, and then returned to normal.

wendyn on 7/05/01 at 18:43 (052302)

Always works for me - are you deleting your 'cookies?'

john h on 7/06/01 at 08:23 (052335)

unbelievable! my view messages posted since last visit has not worked in 3 months. this morning it is working fine! i did not change a thing on the computer. just another one of life's mysteries!

Julie on 7/06/01 at 08:36 (052337)

Perhaps it got embarrassed when it found out that all the other computers were doing their stuff...

john h on 7/06/01 at 13:53 (052362)

i crowed to soon! my office computer works fine on 'new messages'.
my computer at home still want let me use that feature. both are MAC's running the same software.

john h on 7/06/01 at 14:01 (052363)

nancy i have not deleted cookies but suspect that in my Explorer preferences i must have something different than on my computer at office. any more ideas. i will look monday and write down my preferences at office and compare.

Nancy N on 7/06/01 at 22:16 (052384)

John--

No ideas off the top of my head, though it's pretty late for ideas tonight anyway :) I don't use the View Messages feature since I read on multiple computers, so I'm not sure about that, either--and I still use Netscape, though I suspect that Explorer is faster for the web (but since I use Netscape for mail, it's generally easier to stick with it).

If anything occurs to me, I'll let you know. Might be your cookie file, but if you copy it from one machine to another, be sure to save the old file in case something doesn't work. I'm not familiar with the finer points of cookies, but Scott might be able to help you with those. I'm sure it has something to do with that file, though.

Gee, not much help this time, am I? Sorry about that--I'll see what I can come up with.