Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

feet

Posted by john h on 7/06/01 at 09:31 (052341)

julie: do you wear orthotics? what kind of shoes do you generally wear? how long have you had PF? at it's worst what pain level were you? you appear to be doing great.

Re: feet

Julie on 7/06/01 at 13:45 (052360)

John, pf struck in August last year. I would say that my pain level then varied from 4-8 (I have a good tolerance of pain but at times it was really quite severe). Luckily I found heelspurs.com immediately: the biggest factor in my healing. I don't know where I would be now if I hadn't started dealing with it right away - I feel sure that quick action is the key to quick recovery. Rest, tape, and, in the beginning, ice were my saviours. And I guess my recovery does count as quick, given that so many others, yourself included have suffered for years.

I do wear orthotics, and only two kinds of shoes: good trainers (walking, not running type) outdoors, Birkenstock Arizonas indoors. Always! Never barefoot (except that once on the beach in India..bliss). My current trainers are a happy new discovery: North Face Targas. They look somewhat more like a shoe than most trainers do, but are just as supportive, and are much the most comfortable shoes ever (for me, not necessarily for anyone else, obviously).

It took five months to get to the point where I could do any recreational walking at all. In the six months since January, I've got gradually better and better and now really do feel it's under control. Not cured, a word I just don't feel comfortable with, but under control. I will continue to be vigilant. And I will not throw my orthotics, trainers, or Birkenstocks away. And I am so used to sliding my feet into the Birks when I get out of bed that I don't see how I could break that habit now even if I wanted to. (but I WILL walk barefoot on the beach again...)

There was lots more detail in my post on the Success Stories board a month or so ago, but it seems to have disappeared.

Thanks for asking!

Julie on 7/06/01 at 13:47 (052361)

PS

I meant to say that Jade seems to have put the final piece of the puzzle in place. Icing on the cake, for me, as I was so much better before the trial but such welcome icing! It seems to be helping quite a few of us - bless Dr Chris.

john h on 7/06/01 at 14:04 (052364)

an old pair of birk airizona's are and will continue to be my bedroom shoes.

nancy s. on 7/06/01 at 14:21 (052367)

hi julie, yr story is still on the success board. sounds like people's computers are being mysterious.
from another thread: i havent been able to use the 'view all ...' for at least three months. i have to use the reverse order on the general index, but it's rather dizzying to read the replies before the posts.

Julie on 7/06/01 at 13:45 (052360)

John, pf struck in August last year. I would say that my pain level then varied from 4-8 (I have a good tolerance of pain but at times it was really quite severe). Luckily I found heelspurs.com immediately: the biggest factor in my healing. I don't know where I would be now if I hadn't started dealing with it right away - I feel sure that quick action is the key to quick recovery. Rest, tape, and, in the beginning, ice were my saviours. And I guess my recovery does count as quick, given that so many others, yourself included have suffered for years.

I do wear orthotics, and only two kinds of shoes: good trainers (walking, not running type) outdoors, Birkenstock Arizonas indoors. Always! Never barefoot (except that once on the beach in India..bliss). My current trainers are a happy new discovery: North Face Targas. They look somewhat more like a shoe than most trainers do, but are just as supportive, and are much the most comfortable shoes ever (for me, not necessarily for anyone else, obviously).

It took five months to get to the point where I could do any recreational walking at all. In the six months since January, I've got gradually better and better and now really do feel it's under control. Not cured, a word I just don't feel comfortable with, but under control. I will continue to be vigilant. And I will not throw my orthotics, trainers, or Birkenstocks away. And I am so used to sliding my feet into the Birks when I get out of bed that I don't see how I could break that habit now even if I wanted to. (but I WILL walk barefoot on the beach again...)

There was lots more detail in my post on the Success Stories board a month or so ago, but it seems to have disappeared.

Thanks for asking!

Julie on 7/06/01 at 13:47 (052361)

PS

I meant to say that Jade seems to have put the final piece of the puzzle in place. Icing on the cake, for me, as I was so much better before the trial but such welcome icing! It seems to be helping quite a few of us - bless Dr Chris.

john h on 7/06/01 at 14:04 (052364)

an old pair of birk airizona's are and will continue to be my bedroom shoes.

nancy s. on 7/06/01 at 14:21 (052367)

hi julie, yr story is still on the success board. sounds like people's computers are being mysterious.
from another thread: i havent been able to use the 'view all ...' for at least three months. i have to use the reverse order on the general index, but it's rather dizzying to read the replies before the posts.