Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot Pain

Posted by D.Thomas on 7/06/01 at 15:28 (052370)

Well,

I don't think it can get much worse in life. I started with PF when I was around 26. I have had numerous inserts and have tried all sorts of stuff. I have seen and heard it all. I just basically changed my life style that when my feet hurt I would get off them. Period. I can't take the throbbing pain if I push them. Sometimes it's hard to watch other people walk around with no pain. Just going to the grocery store can kill me when they act up. Some months they would feel better than others. But, about two months ago they really got painful and have not settle down at all. I tried adjusting my old inserts, to no avail, and now I have these supposedly new inserts ($$$) that help correct your walking. I have been in them for almost four weeks and they haven't done much yet. I have seen about 15 different foot doctors and it is amazing at the different stories you get from each one. By the way, I am now 35. Anyway, a lot people take their feet for granted, it's amazing how people just don't understand how much pain you can have in your feet day in and day out. It can be very depressing.

I'm a little different than most PF people. My pain is not in the heal. It's in the main cord between my big toe and ankle on both feet. With what I have read I am scared shitless about surgery to have them cut. Plus, it has been very hard to find shoes that fit comfortable. I think I have weird sized feet and they can get very sensitive. I'll find a good model and then next year boom it's gone, and I have to start all over again. It's amazing how bad feet can steal your life away. But, I am a fighter and you just hope that someday things will change. I hope anyone that has foot pain on this board gets relief and doesn't have it as long as I have. I have lived with foot pain for a while now and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Good luck and God Bless.

Re: Foot Pain

Julie on 7/06/01 at 15:48 (052371)

Nine years is a long, long time to be in pain. I am so sorry. Are you quite sure that it is PF that you have? Perhaps it would be a good idea to describe your symptoms on the 'Ask the Foot Doctors' message board in case one of them has any useful input.

And read the heel pain book on this website just in case it throws up any information about some way of dealing with your pain that you haven't yet come across or tried.

One very minor suggestion regarding the shoe problem - I know exactly what you mean about models disappearing and having to start all over again. What I do is, once I find a shoe I like and have given it a good working-in period and am sure of it, I buy a couple of pairs for 'stock'. That at least puts the problem off for a couple of years!

I do wish you well and hope that you find some relief soon.

Donna M on 7/06/01 at 21:18 (052382)

Sorry to hear of your pain, and for such a long time. I've had this for a year now and I can't imagine bearing this pain for 8 more years!!
Like Julie said, describe your symptoms on the 'Ask The Foot Doctors' board and they should be able to help you.
I also know what you mean about having surgery~~I feel the same way from all the horror stories you hear!
Good luck and I hope you get some answers that will help give you some relief!

Donna

AmyM on 7/07/01 at 05:38 (052392)

I've had foot pain for 12 years so I know how you feel. I'm 24. Basically my lifestyle fits my foot pain. I can reduce some of the symptoms but most of the time its not worth it, it takes up too much of my time when I'd rather be doing other things so I live with it. I'm considering ESWT, which is an option you might want to look into. Theres lots of informtaion and support here. If anything its nice to know your not the only one.

Julie on 7/06/01 at 15:48 (052371)

Nine years is a long, long time to be in pain. I am so sorry. Are you quite sure that it is PF that you have? Perhaps it would be a good idea to describe your symptoms on the 'Ask the Foot Doctors' message board in case one of them has any useful input.

And read the heel pain book on this website just in case it throws up any information about some way of dealing with your pain that you haven't yet come across or tried.

One very minor suggestion regarding the shoe problem - I know exactly what you mean about models disappearing and having to start all over again. What I do is, once I find a shoe I like and have given it a good working-in period and am sure of it, I buy a couple of pairs for 'stock'. That at least puts the problem off for a couple of years!

I do wish you well and hope that you find some relief soon.

Donna M on 7/06/01 at 21:18 (052382)

Sorry to hear of your pain, and for such a long time. I've had this for a year now and I can't imagine bearing this pain for 8 more years!!
Like Julie said, describe your symptoms on the 'Ask The Foot Doctors' board and they should be able to help you.
I also know what you mean about having surgery~~I feel the same way from all the horror stories you hear!
Good luck and I hope you get some answers that will help give you some relief!

Donna

AmyM on 7/07/01 at 05:38 (052392)

I've had foot pain for 12 years so I know how you feel. I'm 24. Basically my lifestyle fits my foot pain. I can reduce some of the symptoms but most of the time its not worth it, it takes up too much of my time when I'd rather be doing other things so I live with it. I'm considering ESWT, which is an option you might want to look into. Theres lots of informtaion and support here. If anything its nice to know your not the only one.