Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

inline skating

Posted by Doug on 7/06/01 at 17:12 (052373)

I have been suffering for about a year with foot problems. Doctors unable to give definitive diagnosis. Fortunately, my problems seem to be getting better. About 2 weeks ago, I was on a trip which required much walking and since then, I think I have been improving. The problem is, I am now afraid to do anything strenuous in case the problems return with their usual ferocity. I don't know if the extended walking contributed to my improvement. It was probably a coincidence. Now I would like to do some inline skating (about 3 miles a day, 3 times per week). If you were to make an educated guess, would you think that such an activity would hamper my improvement? Symptoms (which are slowly, but surely improving) included pain on my soles, pins and needles and pain in my joints. Thanks in advance.

Re: inline skating

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/11/01 at 00:28 (052745)

Sorry, its impossible to have an impression based on what you've told us. If you are slowly improving, I would wait before adding any new activities.

Re: inline skating

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/11/01 at 00:28 (052745)

Sorry, its impossible to have an impression based on what you've told us. If you are slowly improving, I would wait before adding any new activities.