Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT in the UK

Posted by AmyM on 7/07/01 at 05:48 (052393)

Hi
I'm considering going to the Oving Clinic in the UK for ESWT. They use a machine called the Reflectron, which I understand is a similar model to the Ossatron. They use 1000-4000 shockwaves at the rate of 240 shockwaves per minute. Is this standard? I believe that they also use ultrasound guidance. Is local anestheasia necessary with the Ossatron? they say its 'optional'?
Any help, of info people who've been treated there or from the Dr's would be most appreciated.

Re: ESWT in the UK

James C on 8/02/01 at 13:08 (055214)

Hello Amy

I have had three treatments at the Oving Clinic each spaced by six weeks. I have had continual improvement in the reduction of the pain and in increased mobility.

The Dr has had the machine for a year and was about to assess the success rate over that period around the time of my last visit.

I did have local anaesthesia on my last two visits after finding it painful on my first. That was also largely due to me wanting him to use the machine on a higher setting and the second two weren't painful.

After surfing the web for days and eventually phoning ESWT manufacturers to see if any had been sold in the UK, I could only find this one.

I havefound it beneficial and don't see why you shouldn't give it a try.

Re: ESWT in the UK

James C on 8/02/01 at 13:08 (055214)

Hello Amy

I have had three treatments at the Oving Clinic each spaced by six weeks. I have had continual improvement in the reduction of the pain and in increased mobility.

The Dr has had the machine for a year and was about to assess the success rate over that period around the time of my last visit.

I did have local anaesthesia on my last two visits after finding it painful on my first. That was also largely due to me wanting him to use the machine on a higher setting and the second two weren't painful.

After surfing the web for days and eventually phoning ESWT manufacturers to see if any had been sold in the UK, I could only find this one.

I havefound it beneficial and don't see why you shouldn't give it a try.