Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

recent heel pain

Posted by Miranda on 7/08/01 at 07:58 (052450)

I have been having moderate heel pain when waking. It's to the point of when I try and walk to the bathroom,I walk slowly and it is painful. I even slid down the stairs because my heel joints wouldn't move properly.

I have a reputable podiatrist. Do you think I should see him or treat this myself?Thank you for your time.

Re: recent heel pain

Julie on 7/08/01 at 10:58 (052463)

Miranda, heel pain first thing in the morning is the classic sign of plantar fasciitis. Do see your podiatrist for a full examination, diagnosis and evaluation. But also read the heel pain book so you can inform yourself and participate in your treatment.

Wear good supportive shoes all the time - even on those trips to the bathroom. Never go barefoot.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/11/01 at 00:24 (052743)

Go see your pod for a diagnosis and treatment options.

Julie on 7/08/01 at 10:58 (052463)

Miranda, heel pain first thing in the morning is the classic sign of plantar fasciitis. Do see your podiatrist for a full examination, diagnosis and evaluation. But also read the heel pain book so you can inform yourself and participate in your treatment.

Wear good supportive shoes all the time - even on those trips to the bathroom. Never go barefoot.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/11/01 at 00:24 (052743)

Go see your pod for a diagnosis and treatment options.