Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Severe pain in heel need some advice quick

Posted by Tammy L on 7/08/01 at hrmin (052471)

Hi i have had heel spur for about 2 years now. I have broken my ankle, rppped my tendons and mucle and been in a walking cast 3 times now in just 4 months!!! I am gettng really tired on spendng money on things are are't working. I've had my shots and physical therapy, shoes, rest, you name it!! Well, now i have a huge knot on the back of my heel and am in severe pain. Starting to wonder if the bone is starting to come through. It burns like heck and i can't stand it. i don't want to keep going to the dr and putting casts on me. Any advice that can be given would greatly be appreciated and thanks for lettng me vent

Re: Severe pain in heel need some advice quick

Andrea R. on 7/09/01 at 14:17 (052557)

Tammy L.

Have you seen more than one doctor? What type of doctor are you seeing? Has the dr taken x-rays, MRI, CAT scan?

If you have only seen one doctor get another opinion quickly. There are podiatrists, orthopedists and orthopedists who specialize in feet/ankles.
You may have to do some doctor shopping to find the right one in your area.

Best of luck,

Andrea

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/11/01 at hrmin (052740)

There is a specific type of fracture that can occur with an ankle injury that often gets missed by both radiologists and physicians. Do you have any pain at the back of the heel when you push you big toe down against the ground???

Andrea R. on 7/09/01 at 14:17 (052557)

Tammy L.

Have you seen more than one doctor? What type of doctor are you seeing? Has the dr taken x-rays, MRI, CAT scan?

If you have only seen one doctor get another opinion quickly. There are podiatrists, orthopedists and orthopedists who specialize in feet/ankles.
You may have to do some doctor shopping to find the right one in your area.

Best of luck,

Andrea

Dr. Marlene Reid on 7/11/01 at hrmin (052740)

There is a specific type of fracture that can occur with an ankle injury that often gets missed by both radiologists and physicians. Do you have any pain at the back of the heel when you push you big toe down against the ground???