Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Left Heel Plantar Facitis and Right Knee Torn Misniscus

Posted by mofifa on 7/08/01 at hrmin (052473)

Around the end of March my heel started hurting and my right leg. I had just started back at the gym and had accomplished what I thought to be a milestone on the stairmaster. I had also fallen many times (not sure when I actually did this). I am very stiff and have had a cortisone shot in my foot (really painful), and MRI last week for my right knee.

My doctor gave me heel inserts, I have the leg split for nighttime (I ususally kick it off in my sleep).

I am very stiff after I have been sitting or lying down. I probably will end up having surgery for my knee but not sure how I will recuperate with both legs problematic.

I;ve had physical therapy (not help), but now massage therapy.

Also I took the survey and was shocked to see about depression and a death in the family. My answer.... My mother died about two weeks prior to this acting up.

Any advice.

Re: Left Heel Plantar Facitis and Right Knee Torn Misniscus

Julie on 7/08/01 at 16:36 (052478)

Motifa, maybe I can give you a bit of encouragement about your recuperation. I had arthroscopy for removal of part of my torn right medial meniscus seven years ago, and was able to walk and resume normal activity immediately. There was no pain, and the only thing I could not do for awhile was kneel: the joint took about a year to regain full flexion. Of course surgeries differ and so do people, but it could be that you will be lucky and recover quickly, as I was, and have only your left foot to worry about! I hope so.

Wanda M on 8/01/01 at 20:24 (055149)

I had A torn misnicsus in my left knee and did not have PF until after my recovery from th surgery. The recovery of the knee was great. I have full flexion. This was the best thing I could have done for my knee because I am pain free in my knee. I wish I could say this about my foot.

Julie on 7/08/01 at 16:36 (052478)

Motifa, maybe I can give you a bit of encouragement about your recuperation. I had arthroscopy for removal of part of my torn right medial meniscus seven years ago, and was able to walk and resume normal activity immediately. There was no pain, and the only thing I could not do for awhile was kneel: the joint took about a year to regain full flexion. Of course surgeries differ and so do people, but it could be that you will be lucky and recover quickly, as I was, and have only your left foot to worry about! I hope so.

Wanda M on 8/01/01 at 20:24 (055149)

I had A torn misnicsus in my left knee and did not have PF until after my recovery from th surgery. The recovery of the knee was great. I have full flexion. This was the best thing I could have done for my knee because I am pain free in my knee. I wish I could say this about my foot.