Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TO Beverly-- Fellow Texan

Posted by Denise D. on 7/09/01 at 01:14 (052513)

Hi Beverly,
You mentioned on one of your posts that you lived in Texas. I live in Lancaster and have a Ranch outside Corsicana. Are you from North Central Texas? I also was wondering if you had any info about good Dr.s in our area. I'm like you, it's a shame that Dr. Z is so far away. I think he should start using one of those mobile units and travel all over the country doing ESWT!!! Don't you?
Denise D.

Re: TO Beverly-- Fellow Texan

Beverly on 7/12/01 at 14:36 (052960)

Denise,

I've only been back in North Texas about six months. I could have told you alot more about doctors in South Texas where I used to live.
One thing I've found is that at least in Texas, many orthopedic surgeons have their physician's assisants do most of the care taking for PF. I've found this to be both good and bad. The PA spends more time with you, but I would feel better seeing the 'real' doctor. Don't let the white lab coat fool you. I've learned to ask, 'Are you the doctor or the PA?'

I'm not sure I have an opinion yet about the orthopedic docs I've seen in DFW area. Met one 2x... another one I only met through his PA 1x. Too soon to say. Wish I could be more help. I didn't have a clue where to begin and simply looked in my insurance book under 'sports medicine.' It was a very short list.

Take care,
Beverly

Re: TO Beverly-- Fellow Texan

Beverly on 7/12/01 at 14:36 (052960)

Denise,

I've only been back in North Texas about six months. I could have told you alot more about doctors in South Texas where I used to live.
One thing I've found is that at least in Texas, many orthopedic surgeons have their physician's assisants do most of the care taking for PF. I've found this to be both good and bad. The PA spends more time with you, but I would feel better seeing the 'real' doctor. Don't let the white lab coat fool you. I've learned to ask, 'Are you the doctor or the PA?'

I'm not sure I have an opinion yet about the orthopedic docs I've seen in DFW area. Met one 2x... another one I only met through his PA 1x. Too soon to say. Wish I could be more help. I didn't have a clue where to begin and simply looked in my insurance book under 'sports medicine.' It was a very short list.

Take care,
Beverly