Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Mobic anyone?

Posted by ellen w on 7/09/01 at 09:20 (052536)

Has anyone tried a drug called Mobic? I've been on it since Friday. It's an osteoarthritis drug that you take once a day. So far, it seems helpful -- for me, much more so than other prescription NSADS like naprocin.
ellen

Re: Mobic anyone? - YES

Andrea R. on 7/09/01 at 11:15 (052541)

Ellen,

I was on it last year when I was first diagnosed by my primary care doc. I found it worked well and was easier on my stomach than may of the others. The only problem I found was the cost. It was on my prescription company's non-preferred list so it was expensive.

It's been out for over a year now so the price should drop and then maybe more doctors will use it.

Andrea

ellen w on 7/09/01 at 12:56 (052545)

I am fortunate to have a decent prescription plan -- but also found them on the web on rxnorth.com for about a dollar a pill, expensive, but not horrendous. Don't know how that compares to Celebrex or Vioxx.
ellen

Andrea R. on 7/09/01 at 11:15 (052541)

Ellen,

I was on it last year when I was first diagnosed by my primary care doc. I found it worked well and was easier on my stomach than may of the others. The only problem I found was the cost. It was on my prescription company's non-preferred list so it was expensive.

It's been out for over a year now so the price should drop and then maybe more doctors will use it.

Andrea

ellen w on 7/09/01 at 12:56 (052545)

I am fortunate to have a decent prescription plan -- but also found them on the web on rxnorth.com for about a dollar a pill, expensive, but not horrendous. Don't know how that compares to Celebrex or Vioxx.
ellen