Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Chatting

Posted by Denise D. on 7/10/01 at 11:47 (052667)

I finally got registered on AIM, but can't get into the right chat room where my PF buddies are, what am I doing wrong?
HELP,
Denise D.

Nancy N on 7/10/01 at 12:48 (052671)

Denise--

A chat room is created when someone recognizes two or more people they want to talk to, and uses the 'Chat' function to create the room. There is no permanent room for us on AIM. Have you posted your AIM name (there have been so many I don't remember!)? Then we'll know to look for you the next time one of us is signed on.

Denise D. on 7/10/01 at 12:53 (052673)

Do you mean I post my user name here, or on AIM? Please excuse my ignorance, I'm still learning.
Denise D.

Nancy N on 7/10/01 at 13:55 (052680)

Denise--

It's OK, a lot of us are new to AIM! It's up to you whether or not you want to post your name here--after all, anyone can find it on the web. But if you don't post it here, you'll need to get it to your fellow chatters somehow--via email, most likely--or they won't know who to look for on AIM and therefore won't be able to find you.

Hang in there--like the rest of us, you'll catch on!

Re: Chatting****AIM Name

Denise D. on 7/10/01 at 22:38 (052728)

To any fellow PF suffers that are into the 'chat' thing, (which by the way I wasn't too keen about, always afraid of getting some weird person) I finally got on and my user name is Necee2Lonestar.
I'm not afraid to chat with my heelspur buddies!!!!
Denise D.

Nancy N on 7/10/01 at 12:48 (052671)

Denise--

A chat room is created when someone recognizes two or more people they want to talk to, and uses the 'Chat' function to create the room. There is no permanent room for us on AIM. Have you posted your AIM name (there have been so many I don't remember!)? Then we'll know to look for you the next time one of us is signed on.

Denise D. on 7/10/01 at 12:53 (052673)

Do you mean I post my user name here, or on AIM? Please excuse my ignorance, I'm still learning.
Denise D.

Nancy N on 7/10/01 at 13:55 (052680)

Denise--

It's OK, a lot of us are new to AIM! It's up to you whether or not you want to post your name here--after all, anyone can find it on the web. But if you don't post it here, you'll need to get it to your fellow chatters somehow--via email, most likely--or they won't know who to look for on AIM and therefore won't be able to find you.

Hang in there--like the rest of us, you'll catch on!

Re: Chatting****AIM Name

Denise D. on 7/10/01 at 22:38 (052728)

To any fellow PF suffers that are into the 'chat' thing, (which by the way I wasn't too keen about, always afraid of getting some weird person) I finally got on and my user name is Necee2Lonestar.
I'm not afraid to chat with my heelspur buddies!!!!
Denise D.