Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Nato Gia's

Posted by Brenda G. on 7/11/01 at 15:16 (052851)

Hi! I just wanted to share my excitement over the pain relief I experienced today with Nato Gia's. I've posted only a few times but I faithfully read each board daily and have received wonderful info for which I am very grateful. I've come a long way in the 9 months I've suffered with this and as of this past weekend was at a pain level of about 2-3. I decided it was time to see if I could 'walk' again. I strolled about 1/8th mile around my neighborhood, relatively easily and pain free on Sunday. By Monday and continuing each day my pain has increased daily until it was about a 6-7 as I hobbled to my dentist this morning. On my way home I stopped by the mall to buy more (!!) shoes, hoping for that miracle. I've seen posts about Naots and found some (even on sale at 50% off!!). I removed my NB with $350 orthotics and slipped on Naot Gia's. I was totally pain free!! I was so excited I asked the sales clerk to bring me every style. I tried on 4-5 Naots, each of which felt alright but none that produced the absolute pain relief of the Gia's. I surmissed it was that the Gia's have a higher heel (looks about 2 inches). The footbeds looked similiar, like a birkenstock but more cushiony, but the higher heel seemed to reduce the stress on the fascia. Has anyone else experienced that a higher heel produced such profound and immediate relief? Or am I just kidding myself and will this too be only a temporary fix? Thanks to all, Brenda

Re: Naot not Nato

Brenda G. on 7/11/01 at 15:19 (052852)

Sorry, just reread my post and found misspelling!

Re: Naot Gia's

Necee on 7/12/01 at 23:56 (052999)

Hi Brenda
Could you tell me a little more about what type of foot problem you have?
I'm searching for that perfect shoe also, I've never heard of Naot Gia's,
where do you buy them?
I have been told by several people that elevating your heel takes the pressure off. I added heel pads in my New Balance shoes and it does seem to help somewhat, although I'm not all that satisfied with the shoe itself.
I'm going shoe shopping again next week, wish me luck!
Necee

Brenda G. on 7/13/01 at 07:28 (053021)

Hi! I am still experiencing what feels like a miracle!. I developed PF last fall (Sept 00), severely torn fascia and debilitating pain since. I stand 12 hours a day at work, using orthodics, but usually with continuos pain which by about 9 hours into the shift becomes pretty uncomfortable. I ice at home each night and sometimes stand on ice packs at work. Around the house now, up and down I am pretty much pain free with Birks. But after the walk on Sunday even that was uncomfortable. The instant pain relief of the Naot Gia's was unbelievable. I've worn them constantly for 2 days, but the real test will be today, I work 12 hours again. I'll post tonight with the results. My pain has always been mainly in the arch area, a stress or spasm type pain, I limp when it becomes severe. I've had none with the Gia's. I purchased at a local clothing store name Parisians, but I've seen a few styles at Hibbets, a sporting store. There is a website, just do a search for Naot. the Gia's are under the Scandinavian clog listing. Good luck! Brenda

Mary Ann S on 7/13/01 at 20:47 (053077)

Brenda, that is great. Do you have flat arch and do these shoes have good arch support? Thanks

Brenda G. on 7/13/01 at 23:09 (053081)

Hi! I have a fairly high arch. The Birk footbed has always felt really good to me. This footbed is similar in height in the arch area, I feel the same support but with Birks I still feel the stress in the arch. I do believe it is the higher heel of the Gia that relieves the arch pain. As I said, the lower Naots felt the same as Birks, with the same pain.
Oh, as an update, I just worked 12 hours, standing. I was pain free all day as far as the arch goes. Normally about 8 or 9 hours into the shift, the arch feels like I'm standing on a 'bar' and I begin to limp. I experienced no arch pain today, but I did have a little heel pain, in the spur area, which is unusual for me. I stood on an ice pack for about 15 minutes and tried switching shoes but the orthodics were uncomfortable as well, so I opted for the Gia's. I guess I prefer a little heel pain to the dreaded arch pain and limp.
Good luck in finding some pain relief for yourselves. I'm not where I want to be but the Gia's are an improvement. Brenda

Re: Naot not Nato

Brenda G. on 7/11/01 at 15:19 (052852)

Sorry, just reread my post and found misspelling!

Necee on 7/12/01 at 23:56 (052999)

Hi Brenda
Could you tell me a little more about what type of foot problem you have?
I'm searching for that perfect shoe also, I've never heard of Naot Gia's,
where do you buy them?
I have been told by several people that elevating your heel takes the pressure off. I added heel pads in my New Balance shoes and it does seem to help somewhat, although I'm not all that satisfied with the shoe itself.
I'm going shoe shopping again next week, wish me luck!
Necee

Brenda G. on 7/13/01 at 07:28 (053021)

Hi! I am still experiencing what feels like a miracle!. I developed PF last fall (Sept 00), severely torn fascia and debilitating pain since. I stand 12 hours a day at work, using orthodics, but usually with continuos pain which by about 9 hours into the shift becomes pretty uncomfortable. I ice at home each night and sometimes stand on ice packs at work. Around the house now, up and down I am pretty much pain free with Birks. But after the walk on Sunday even that was uncomfortable. The instant pain relief of the Naot Gia's was unbelievable. I've worn them constantly for 2 days, but the real test will be today, I work 12 hours again. I'll post tonight with the results. My pain has always been mainly in the arch area, a stress or spasm type pain, I limp when it becomes severe. I've had none with the Gia's. I purchased at a local clothing store name Parisians, but I've seen a few styles at Hibbets, a sporting store. There is a website, just do a search for Naot. the Gia's are under the Scandinavian clog listing. Good luck! Brenda

Mary Ann S on 7/13/01 at 20:47 (053077)

Brenda, that is great. Do you have flat arch and do these shoes have good arch support? Thanks

Brenda G. on 7/13/01 at 23:09 (053081)

Hi! I have a fairly high arch. The Birk footbed has always felt really good to me. This footbed is similar in height in the arch area, I feel the same support but with Birks I still feel the stress in the arch. I do believe it is the higher heel of the Gia that relieves the arch pain. As I said, the lower Naots felt the same as Birks, with the same pain.
Oh, as an update, I just worked 12 hours, standing. I was pain free all day as far as the arch goes. Normally about 8 or 9 hours into the shift, the arch feels like I'm standing on a 'bar' and I begin to limp. I experienced no arch pain today, but I did have a little heel pain, in the spur area, which is unusual for me. I stood on an ice pack for about 15 minutes and tried switching shoes but the orthodics were uncomfortable as well, so I opted for the Gia's. I guess I prefer a little heel pain to the dreaded arch pain and limp.
Good luck in finding some pain relief for yourselves. I'm not where I want to be but the Gia's are an improvement. Brenda