Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

generalized foot pain

Posted by nina on 7/12/01 at hrmin (052935)

I have severe pain in both feet. It is at its worse when I get up in the morning and when I stand up after sitting even for a short time. I have developed three lumps along the bottom of my left foot that seem to follow a tendon. I know this sounds like arthritis, but I am only 48 yrs. old and although I know I could have some arthritic changes at this age, it seems this pain is a little too intense. I have been diagnosed with fairly advanced osteoporosis. I am not overweight (5'4', 128 lbs) and do not have diabetes. I have never worn fashion shoes. I am a nurse and my feet are my fortune. I have tried new shoes, NSAIDS, soaks etc. What could this be? Thank you.

Re: generalized foot pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/12/01 at 11:27 (052946)

It sounds like plantar fasciitis and or heel spur syndrome. The lumps are due to the strain and injurying to the plantar fasia. If your pain is where the plantar fascia attaches to the heel then ESWT is an excellant option to consider. . In the mean time taping your feet is very importance to prevent additional damage to your fee. Rest ( tough one) is very important. Give my ESWT coordinator Denise a e-mail at heelhelp@bee.net . She will send you informational on ESWT. There is an ESWT section on this site.

Re: generalized foot pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/12/01 at 11:27 (052946)

It sounds like plantar fasciitis and or heel spur syndrome. The lumps are due to the strain and injurying to the plantar fasia. If your pain is where the plantar fascia attaches to the heel then ESWT is an excellant option to consider. . In the mean time taping your feet is very importance to prevent additional damage to your fee. Rest ( tough one) is very important. Give my ESWT coordinator Denise a e-mail at heelhelp@bee.net . She will send you informational on ESWT. There is an ESWT section on this site.